• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

No appetite

demarici

Hi all just getting a little worried the last couple of days I have had no appetite and can't get the protein I need. Is this normal? My dr appt is Monday so I'll talk to dr then but does anyone have any sugestions on what to do? My surgery was the 21st i had the sleeve. Thanks Doris

Demarici-Some people have problems with not being able to get their protein in for the first week or 2. According to your surgery date you are a little beyond that. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated which is much more important right now than getting your protein in. If you can manage to drink some protein shakes it would take care of your protein and fluids. Maybe try thinning down a shake with some water. Other's on this forum said it worked for them so it's worth a try even if you can only get a few sips in every 15 or 20 minutes. Call your nutritionist in the morning for advise and please let us know what the doc says on Monday.

Last edited:
Hi, Doris,

Pat makes a good point. Call your nutritionist tomorrow. Don't wait until Monday to talk to someone about this. Getting in enough protein is one thing. But another four days of possible dehyration could be dangerous.

Please don't wait. Talk to somebody tomorrow.

Let us know how you fare.

Office Visit

Hi All

Went to my follow up appointment and did not go well I had to get IV fluids due to dehydrated. I also have to go for a GI test they think I might have an ulcer. So they are treating with meds. I go wed for my test I'll update more later.

Back