• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

No More Fruit Ever!

As far as fruit goes I was told to stay away from the ones with acid. Especially citrus. Tomato are no no too. No chili no taco no fun. You mention the nausea I had a lot of discomfort with my stomach feeling unsettled After eating. Portion size and whey protein are my specific problems. Got the portion sizes but switched to soy protein. Barely any unsettled tummy in the last month. My surgery was 2/15.
I saw told nothing with acid or citrus for the first 6 weeks. Then I was clear for anything with tomato or citrus fruit.

Hi everyone! At my 2nd post-op my nutritionist told me I should never eat fruit again. We were discussing my current issues with nausea and extreme fatigue and weakness. I mentioned trying to get more protein in by mixing it in with my smoothies. She mentioned how was I going to make smoothies without fruit? Someone please help me understand why? I'm really baffled as to how eating fruit in moderation is harmful for weight loss. I have followed my surgeon and nutritionist to the T thus far, but I'm going to eat fruit in moderation once my stomach heals more on the inside. I would appreciate insight/input from others concerning eating fruit after sleeve surgery. Thanks in advance. ☺
I was told to wait 3 months post op. However most fruit is high in sugar, and I’m allergic to all but 4.... my personal choice is to avoid. But I also don’t eat pasta/rice carbs either. I agree to reach out for clarification from surgeon or another nutritionist. At the end of the day you need to find a diet you’re comfortable with, that also supports healthy weight loss.

Back