• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

November 30-Day Challenge

Kathi_S

Day 1 - Monday, November 1st
Tracking -
yes
Water - 80 ounces
Gratitude - I am grateful for getting back on track and the friends I have made here that have helped me.
Movement - as much as I am able to.
Food - 666 calories
Protein - 74 g
AM BP - 73/50 Pulse - 69
PM BP - 83/60 Pulse - 70

Since I have to log my blood pressures, I've decided to include them here as well. When I am really stressed out my blood pressure soars up to 110 over something!

Last edited:

My entries this month will be different than I have been doing. As I stated yesterday I am back to using my Habit Tracker and in my notebook I have two columns:
One for my Food Plan for the Day which will include my 3 meals and a list of several healthy snacks to chose from. My goal is to only pick from the list.
The other side is for the food and beverages that I have actually consumed during the day.
The bottom section of the page is my daily to-do list.

I will not be counting calories because my food plan will be healthy and sometimes it is too difficult to break down a dinner. So I will just indicate if I stuck to the food plan.
My protein will be noted if I met goal, but not an actual number.
Same for water.
I have 14 items on my habit tracker so I will put a score on how many I can check off by the end of the day.
So it looked like this for Day 1:

Food plan: Yes
Protein: Yes
Water: Yes
Exercise/Movement: Yes
Habit tracker: 14/14

I personally do gratitude every day when I pray and it is on my habit tracker, I've decided not to include it here to make things simple. But I do enjoy reading others. And perhaps I will put one in from time to time. I just didn't want you to think I wasn't grateful for anything, especially all of you and this group! :)

I will attach my own personal Habit Tracker filled out the way I chose to do it and quite frankly I revise it sometimes when a new month starts.
Today Erin Branscom from My Level 10 Life had a video on it which you can watch here.
You can get your own free Habit Tracker from My Level 10 Life which I have attached below as a PDF.

This is mine for November. It may sound funny that I have to add skin care and oral care to it, but when you are retired you need to push yourself into starting the day right and getting yourself ready. (At least I do!)

Attachments

• Habit-Tracker.pdf
    274.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

My entries this month will be different than I have been doing. As I stated yesterday I am back to using my Habit Tracker and in my notebook I have two columns:
One for my Food Plan for the Day which will include my 3 meals and a list of several healthy snacks to chose from. My goal is to only pick from the list.
The other side is for the food and beverages that I have actually consumed during the day.
The bottom section of the page is my daily to-do list.

I will not be counting calories because my food plan will be healthy and sometimes it is too difficult to break down a dinner. So I will just indicate if I stuck to the food plan.
My protein will be noted if I met goal, but not an actual number.
Same for water.
I have 14 items on my habit tracker so I will put a score on how many I can check off by the end of the day.
So it looked like this for Day 1:

Food plan: Yes
Protein: Yes
Water: Yes

I personally do gratitude every day when I pray and it is on my habit tracker, I've decided not to include it here to make things simple. But I do enjoy reading others. And perhaps I will put one in from time to time. I just didn't want you to think I wasn't grateful for anything, especially all of you and this group! :)

I will attach my own personal Habit Tracker filled out the way I chose to do it and quite frankly I revise it sometimes when a new month starts.
Today Erin Branscom from My Level 10 Life had a video on it which you can watch here.
You can get your own free Habit Tracker from My Level 10 Life which I have attached below as a PDF.

This is mine for November. It may sound funny that I have to add skin care and oral care to it, but when you are retired you need to push yourself into starting the day right and getting yourself ready. (At least I do!)

View attachment 4720
That's a really good idea Judy!

Day 1
Protein
: 71
Water: 64
Intentional movement: no
I’m going to be following this for my gratitude

The person I’m truly thankful for in my life is my husband. We definitely don’t have a perfect marriage, but we are always there for each other. He’s supported me in a lot of ways through our time together.

Last edited:
Day 2
Protein:
Water: 50
Intentional movement: no
Gratitude day 2: Animal: I’ve had a lot of pets in my life, so to think back and pick one that I’m grateful for more than the others is difficult. The pet I had for the longest time and I went through the most life changes with would have to be my cat Baby who passed away a couple years ago. She was an adult when I adopted her, no one knew her age but it was estimated to be around 6. I had her for 15 years. I still think about her everyday.

Day 2

Water:
80 oz
Protein: 60g. I added Muscle Milk 20g whey protein to my 30g protein shake to get myself up to 50g to start my day. Wow! I felt so full, and I think I'll do this daily to get my protein level high enough until I get it stabilized. Of course I'll try to do this with real food also.

Gratitude: My husband and I were able to get our Moderna booster shots yesterday, thanks to our wonderful Health Dept, assisted by our awesome National Guard. We are so fortunate to have such easy access to this miracle vaccine.

Day 2: So far so good!

Food plan goal: Yes
Protein goal: Yes
Water goal: Yes

I initially said I wasn't going to do gratitude this month but I loved what 3Mom posted about 30 Days of Thankfulness which is so appropriate for the month that holds Thanksgiving. This is like a game to think upon the daily subject of thankfulness in the image 3Mom posted earlier this week, so I am in and I'm catching up. I actually already mentioned everyone here in this group for Day 1 before I even saw the challenge. Here is Day 2's gratitude:

Animal
: We have 5 pets in the house currently and have had numerous throughout the years, so today I chose our most recent addition who we rescued this past June and he is such a delight. His name is Pico as in Pico de Gallo but I often call him Buddy. He is an 8 year old Lhaso Apso/Shih Tzu mix. He transitioned so well into our family home and gets along wonderfully with our other pets. I absolutely adore him!

Day 2 - Tuesday, November 2nd
Tracking -
yes
Water - 92 ounces
Gratitude - (animal) I am grateful for Okie (no big surprise here)! Okie is the definition of unconditional love. He does not judge or hold a grudge. He's there when I need him. Okie is always happy to see me and never disappointed in me. Okie has helped me through some difficult times times these last several years. I sure hope he knows how much I love him.
Movement - as much as I am able to.
Food - 595 calories
Protein - 74 g
AM BP - 75/55 Pulse - 67
PM BP - 92/48 Pulse - 60

Day 3
Protein
: 80
Intentional movement: yes! Finally lol
Gratitude day 3:cozy place: This one is seasonal even though I have cozy places all year, but my favorite is sitting on the couch in my living room with my Christmas tree looking at all the wonderful ornaments and lights. It just makes me happy and reminds me of so many happy times.

Day 3 - Wednesday , November 3rd
Tracking -
yes
Water - 72 ounces
Gratitude - (cozy place) I am grateful for my leather rocker recliner. This is where I relax in front of the TV. At the end of the day, a tired Okie relaxes right on top of me. This is the two of us tonight. I just love the one ear up thing!
Movement - as much as I am able to, which wasn't much today.
Food - 586 calories
Protein - 85 g
AM BP - 88/65 Pulse - 720
PM BP - 74/54 Pulse - 65

Attachments

• 20211103_215159.jpg
    20211103_215159.jpg
    783.7 KB · Views: 47
Day 3 - Wednesday

Food plan goal:
Yes

I love that I am staying on track and more focused than I was last month. I can do this!!

Gratitude: Cozy Place

After my 3 surgeries in 2020, the last one caused 40 lbs of water retention which landed me in a nursing home/rehab center. I couldn't get myself in our out of bed because the edema was so bad. The facility was AWFUL and did me more harm than good, so I was released early and went with home care. One of the things I needed was one of those "magic lift" type of recliners that could get me up off the chair but also doubled as my bed by reclining fully. It is such a comfortable chair that I still use it daily and it is the coziest chair I own. Put on a throw blanket, give me a cup of coffee or tea and it is the perfect place to read a book or watch TV. My kitty thinks so too and always snuggles up with me, sometimes knocking the book out of my hand! I am grateful for that chair even if I no longer physically need it as it is great for emotional health too!

Last edited:
Day 3

Water:
70 oz
Protein: (70g)

Gratitude:
Person (Day 1): my husband for caring enough to support me throughout this journey.
Animal (Day 2): my dog Velvet, an adorable 12 lb terrier mix. I had her for 16 3/4 yrs, and she was the best friend and companion, the embodiment of unconditional love. I wish I could live up to the image I saw reflected in her adoring eyes.
Cozy Place (Day 3) Snuggled in my cozy blue blanket in my recliner

Day 3

Water:
70 oz
Protein: (70g)

Gratitude:
Person (Day 1): my husband for caring enough to support me throughout this journey.
Animal (Day 2): my dog Velvet, an adorable 12 lb terrier mix. I had her for 16 3/4 yrs, and she was the best friend and companion, the embodiment of unconditional love. I wish I could live up to the image I saw reflected in her adoring eyes.
Cozy Place (Day 3) Snuggled in my cozy blue blanket in my recliner
Gotta love our recliners!

Day 4
Protein
: 50
Intentional movement: no-had a cavity filled today so didn’t want to eat or move much after that this morning plus it’s hard to drink with half your mouth numb-the water just keeps dripping out lol
Gratitude day 4, favorite snack: I make this sweet and salty snack mix with almonds, peanuts, cinnamon chips, mini m&m’s and Chex. While I can’t eat a lot of it, I do love it because it checks all my craving boxes at once.

Last edited:
Day 4 - Thursday

Food plan goal:
Yes

Gratitude: Favorite Snack
My favorite snack has always been a sharp cheddar cheese with wheat thin crackers. Of course I would tend to overindulge especially pre-surgery. Now if I really want it, I make it my lunch meal and use portion control. But I am grateful that I have developed a love for certain healthy snacks, especially carrots and hummus or grapes to conquer a sweet craving. Either really does it's job to hold me over until dinner time when the afternoon munchies hit. The bonus with the carrots is that it takes a long time to eat so that alone helps with the satisfaction factor.

Day 4 - Thursday, November 4th
Tracking -
yes
Water - 65 ounces
Gratitude - (snack) This was a tough one for me because I haven't had a chance to a snack since surgery. So I am grateful for not needing to snack.
Movement - I should move more!
Food - 600 calories
Protein - 73 g
AM BP - 83/65 Pulse - 79
PM BP - 77/58 Pulse - 73

Back