• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

November 30-Day Challenge

Day 22 - Monday

Food plan:
no
Protein: Yes
Water: Yes
Exercise/Movement: No
Habit tracker: 10/14 :confused:

Will try to do better than the last two days.

Gratitude: Book
The Holy Bible. I am not a very religious person, I'm more spiritual than I am following the Catholic religion to which I was raised. And while I stopped going to church after my kids were grown, I am grateful for the foundation of that religion and the teachings from the Holy Bible. I couldn't always understand them but they certainly do get you to think and reflect.

Time to catch up on my daily gratitude, you know, with Thanksgiving being tomorrow and all.

Day 20: keepsake
A stepstool from my childhood. It's not much to look at, but it takes me back almost 60 years.

Day 21: disappointment/fear
A painful breakup in 2002 led me to my now husband. He flirted with me at a party/cookout where my ex & his new gf also were attending. It boosted my spirits, helped me face them, and started me down a new path that led me to an unimaginable happiness.

Day 22: book
Toss up between The Bible and Stephen King's The Stand.

Day 23: feeling
Gratitude for this group and feeling such mindfulness responding to this post.

Day 24
Water
: 64+
Intentional movement: yes
Gratitude-photo: I love this picture so much despite my size because that’s not what I see. This was the last time I got to see my Aunt Joan, one of my dads 14 siblings. She was a nun in Chicago, but she’d visit every year for Thanksgiving. When she retired from teaching she started visiting at Christmas because she could stay longer. I hadn’t seen her for over 10 years when we took this picture at her nursing home. My dad has passed away by this time, and when I saw her I almost fell to my knees because they look so much alike, but I did cry. I learned a lot about my aunts and uncles on that visit, she gifted me with some jewelry and trinkets for my sisters and kids. We only got to visit for a few hours, but it was wonderful. I miss her very much. Apparently I take after her though, because last month one of my sisters said I looked just like her while I was talking about something. The highest compliment I could receive because she was a wonderful woman.

Day 25
Water
: 40
Gratitude-luxury: This one is difficult for me because I don’t live a luxurious life or have luxury items. I guess my life as a whole is a luxury. Not because I am wealthy, we live tight, but I am able to be a stay at home mom which is not something every family can afford. It has allowed me to devote time and attention to my children which I am beyond thankful for.

Day 26
Water
: not enough
Gratitude- Charity: I have 2 that I really love. Stray and Rescue of St.Louis. They’re absolutely amazing. The other is Randys Rescue Ranch, which is the large animal rescue founded by the same man who founded Stray Rescue. Both such amazing and wonderful organizations. They’re on Facebook if you want to check them out!

Day 26

Water:
74 oz
Food: 60g protein from food

Gratitude: Charity
Harmony House, a local group that helps the homeless or displaced get back on their feet. They helped us relocate last year into our current residence, and followed up for several months until we were self-sufficient again, thank the Good Lord. We truly have been blessed.

Day 27
Water
: 64
Gratitude-song: I’ve got 2. You Raise Me Up, by Josh Groban, I danced with my dad to this song at my wedding reception. The other is, Come What May, by Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge, it’s my husband and my first dance song.

Day 28
Water
: 64
Intentional movement: no
Gratitude-gift: How to pick just one? I’ve received so many wonderful gifts throughout my life, some tangible some not. The love from my family is the most precious gift I can think of.

I took 6 days off from tracking. Not necessarily a good thing but in some ways it was good to have a break and I was so busy with holiday stuff. But I would like to catch up on my gratitude, so here goes.

Feeling: The feeling I get when I am out on the ocean cruising. I absolutely love it. If I can't cruise, then just being on the shore gives me pretty much the same feeling. I totally feel cleansed with that sea air. It does so much for my mind, body and soul.

Photo: Old photos of family going back a generation or two. They make it so easy to go back and cherish those memories of people no longer with us. I get a warm feeling when I go back in time looking at them.

Luxury: We live very modestly so I don't have what most people would call luxurious things nor do I desire to live in "luxury". But what is luxury to one may not be to another! So while we live very modestly on a day to day basis in a small home we would rather have the "luxury" to travel whenever the opportunity arises. So I am very grateful of the "luxury" to have been able to retire early and have time to travel when ever we want to if the budget allows and if Covid doesn't prevent that from happening.

Charity: We have several charities that we like to support and I am grateful to be able to do so ongoing basis throughout the year. But for Christmas my husband and I decided no more Christmas presents for each other. We don't need stuff. So we are making a donation instead to a particular charity we picked out this year, United Nations helping families in Madagascar.

Song: Very hard to just pick one, so I will pick 4:
Ave Maria: Celine Dion & Karen Carpenter are my favorite versions
You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban
Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler
How Great Thou Art - Any version

Gift: Another hard one. I think I would have to pick friendship. The gift of friendship is a true gift that you willing give to another person. It doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I am so very grateful for all the friends I have met here. I thank you all and honor you!

I think that gets me caught up! I will be back tomorrow with my tracking!

Last edited:
Day 28

Catching up on gratitude 1st

Song: the 3 songs we played at our wedding. "You make me so very happy" by Blood Sweat & Tears. "And I love her" by the Beatles. "(You're my) Blue sky" by the Allman Brothers

Gift: Love. "We love because He first loved us."

Now, time for some accountability. My weekly weigh-in says I've regained 10 lbs, after recently losing 15 lbs in 2 weeks. <sigh>

I knew I'd been ignoring my body, and I've been listening to my head hunger. Eating when something sounded or looked good happened all week.

I actually considered skipping facing my scale, but I needed this wake-up call. So, I'll reset my mind & body this week and start over with mindful eating.

Day 30-Can believe it’s been 30 days!!
Water: 64+
Intentional movement: a little
Gratitude-most thankful for: I am most thankful for my support system in all the different aspects of my life.

Back