• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

November 30-Day Challenge

Day 16

Water:
80 oz
Food: 50g protein
Movement: 30 min walk on another beautiful fall day.

Gratitude: Recipe
My mother's meatloaf. Growing up, I never understood why many people disliked meatloaf. My mother's was so delicious, I could have eaten it every day, along with mashed potatoes and either green beans or corn.

She chopped onions & peppers, tore up a piece of bread and stirred in an egg with the ground beef. Then she mixed in ketchup and mustard (either dry or regular), parsley flakes, and the secret ingredient, Worcestershire sauce. I sometimes put a little bit of A-1 sauce. Pouring ketchup on top and baking it was the final step. Over the years I sometimes surrounded the meatloaf with mashed potatoes, then cooked the combo. The potatoes soaked up most of the juices (yes, and some of the grease) and were so tasty.

Instead of chopping up the onions & peppers from scratch, I like buying a frozen 3 pepper/onion blend. I'll still chop them up, but they are so pretty and about 1/3 to 1/2 the price of fresh.

Doggone it, now I'm gonna have to cook this pretty soon. I just made myself hungry. Head hunger fer sure.
That sounds delicious, I really wish I could chew!

Gratitude

Recipe : I'm grateful for a recipe I just made up. Everyone is making me drool with all their recipes, but I cannot chew for at least three weeks. I ended up having to have 4 root canals and may have to have one more. Apparently I landed hard on my upper jaw/teeth. I will be lucky if I am able to keep my my teeth at all. On the bright side, in an attempt to cheer myself up I discovered this delightful treat. I don't like most keto ice creams, the texture seems wrong. I tried Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla ice cream, added a spoonful of PBfit powder and a bit of protein hot chocolate mix and mixed it up real well and voila, peanut butter cup ice cream! A really nice treat for a very sore mouth!

Gratitude

Recipe : I'm grateful for a recipe I just made up. Everyone is making me drool with all their recipes, but I cannot chew for at least three weeks. I ended up having to have 4 root canals and may have to have one more. Apparently I landed hard on my upper jaw/teeth. I will be lucky if I am able to keep my my teeth at all. On the bright side, in an attempt to cheer myself up I discovered this delightful treat. I don't like most keto ice creams, the texture seems wrong. I tried Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla ice cream, added a spoonful of PBfit powder and a bit of protein hot chocolate mix and mixed it up real well and voila, peanut butter cup ice cream! A really nice treat for a very sore mouth!

Yikes, one root canal is bad enough, but 4? You poor thing! Good for you figuring out something you can eat, with added protein too! Feel better!

Day 16 - Wednesday

Food plan:
Yes
Protein: Yes
Water: Yes
Exercise/Movement: Yes
Habit tracker: 14/14 :)

Gratitude: Store
If I were to pick a favorite store it would be Home Goods. I just love that place, always something new and different at reasonable prices. I like a good craft store too. AC Moore closed here and I miss it terribly! Michaels just isn't as good. We do have Hobby Lobby which is pretty good but AC Moore was good for giving crafting trends and samples of new things to do.

Day 18 - Thursday

Food plan:
No
Exercise/Movement: No
Habit tracker: 10/14 :rolleyes:
I met my former co-worker/friend for lunch yesterday at a place called Something Sweet, if that gives you a hint. But we had a good time and it was worth it. Now, back to business.

Gratitude: Quote
"Keep going, because you did not come this far just to come this far."

Day 18
Water
: 64+
Intentional movement: yes and between a little Christmas decorating and a lot of cleaning my back is paying for it o_O I saw my chiropractor after though and he put things back together
Gratitude-clothes- this one is hard because I have so many new clothes that I am really just grateful for all of them! I guess if I had to pick one it would be this amazing pullover that one of my besties got me for my birthday last month. It’s really comfy and the cuffs have those thumb holes-I love those lol

Day 19 - Friday

Food plan:
Yes
Habit tracker: 14/14 :)
Managed to get through late afternoon stress without eating through it, so I am grateful for that.

Gratitude: Clothing
Even though I have donated a lot of old clothing, I am grateful that I held on to a surprising amount of smaller sized stuff so I didn't have to spend a lot of money on clothes as I lost weight. It's fun to shop in your closet/attic or wherever you stash old clothes! But I am also grateful that consignment shops are so popular. It's a good place to spend little money when you are in a transition of sizes.

Day 19

Water:
64 oz
Food: this is the 2nd day of T-giving lunches. I'm sticking mostly with the turkey/gravy & green beans, with just a couple bites of dressing & mashed pots. I still have a couple more days of these (donated) meals next week. Hopefully it won't make my scale scream in protest. If so, I'll start over on Friday with a semi pouch reset (protein shakes + lots of water).

Gratitude: Clothing
My favorite long-sleeved sweatshirt (down to XL, working toward size L). I mostly still wear short sleeves, but I love snuggling into my sweatshirt if I get chilled.

Day 20 (how are there only 10 days left in this month?!)
Water: 64+
Intentional movement: yes
Gratitude-keepsake- Every Christmas eve my dad would read, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, no matter how old we got. One year he gifted my sister and I our own copy, but it was a recorded book, so we could always have him reading to us. I can’t get through it without turning into a blubbering puddle of emotion, but I love it. I miss him most at Christmas time.

Day 20 - Saturday

Food plan:
No
Habit tracker: 11/14

Gratitude: Keepsake
My mother's 3 strand pearl necklace. I always admired it on her. I remember it most when she wore it against her black soft sweater. They looked so pretty on her. It was a wedding present from my dad so there is extra significance to it.

Last edited:
Day 22
Water
Gratitude-disappointment/fear: Odd to be grateful for a fear, but I am. I am grateful for the fear that I could go back to almost 300 pounds to help keep me motivated. That’s me October 2019 and me last month. I’m going to keep this in mind if I start to backslide.

Day 23
Water
Intentional movement: no. Resting today to prep for a nonstop rest of the week
Gratitude-book: This is very difficult for me because I am an avid reader. A couple books that have had an emotional impact on me would be: Kite Runner, The Five People You Meet in Heaven, and To Kill a Mockingbird. I really enjoy reading Dean Koontz and David Baldacci. A series I enjoy that’s not by either of them is A Book Retreat Mystery, by Ellery Adams. I recently read Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson, and it was really great. I guess what I am most grateful for is how much I love reading! I hated reading when I was growing up.
Bi weekly weigh in-170.2

Day 22
Water
Gratitude-disappointment/fear: Odd to be grateful for a fear, but I am. I am grateful for the fear that I could go back to almost 300 pounds to help keep me motivated. That’s me October 2019 and me last month. I’m going to keep this in mind if I start to backslide. View attachment 4807
You look amazing 3Mom and this side by side is quite inspirational to not only you but to newbies getting ready for surgery!

Day 21 - Sunday

Food plan:
no
Exercise/Movement: No
Habit tracker: 10/14 :rolleyes:

Having trouble sticking to my food plan the last few days. I do well for part of the day and then struggle. I know my schedule has been off too and haven't been able to complete my habit tracker.

Gratitude - Fear/Disappointment
Fear and disappointment of regain, but as 3Mom said the fear will keep us motivated. Sometimes a little fear is a good thing.

Back