• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

November Monthly Challenge

I saw someone posted on an old challenge and realized this is exactly what I need right now. So, I'm starting early (otherwise , its like choosing to diet on Monday, right?!?)

Join if you'd like, choose your own goals and post when you can.

My goals are:
Measure and track all intake for an entire week and at least 1 day of the other weeks.
Exercise 3 days per week
Make 1 veggie based dinner per week. (If anyone's got a great red beans and rice recipe, send please!!)
Lose 1.5 lbs per week.

Went looking and it turns out I do not?!? I was Flash Dance and Dave was Risky Business. I did take a photo of him lol

I'm also going to post an old photo of him, to show off his progress!! He had the sleeve in February. He's down to 199 from 312

Attachments

• 20221004_164856.jpg
    20221004_164856.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220124_202940.jpg
    20220124_202940.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 39
Okay. So, it's officially November and I'm getting my shit together lol

Goal 1. So far I've planned all my meals/snacks and put them into the app. Including supplements.
Goal 2. Headed to gym when Dave gets off work
Goal 3. Dinner tonight is pepper steak, so not yet.
Weight 165.4

I'll update tomorrow on my actual follow thru

Goal 4. End of week weigh in. I'm not doing it every day.

A person's weight can go up and down a few pounds in the course of a single day, even when he/she eats normally. Weighing repeatedly during the day is one common symptom of an eating disorder like bulimarexia.

Medical professionals all over will advise weighing weekly. That's actually an amazing thing to do, because you can REALLY track weight loss and gain and set realistic goals.

Most people find it hard to admit "I have an eating disorder," yet they have no problem eating too much or too often and buying clothes that stretch up and down to accommodate their fluctuations.

Tracking all day and weighing once a week can help to restore one's realistic vision and reach realistic goals.

Goal 1. No tracking. I spent most of the day painting at my local ceramic shop. So, I did not eat much at all. Should be ok.
Goal 2. Woke up early and went to the gym. Still have a cold, so I did less than normal but I went!
Goal 3. Ugh lol Next week menu calls for 2 veg dinners to make up for this week.
Goal 4. We'll see on the 8th!

Goal 1. Already met for week. Still have too track 1 full week for a month.
Goal 2. Only 2 days but the month started Tuesday, so I'm counting that is weeks end
Goal 3. I'm questioning this goal, as I'm not even trying to be vegetarian. I really just want to incorporate more veg.
Goal 4. Tuesday is weigh in.

Goal 1. Already met for week. Still have too track 1 full week for a month.
Goal 2. Only 2 days but the month started Tuesday, so I'm counting that is weeks end
Goal 3. I'm questioning this goal, as I'm not even trying to be vegetarian. I really just want to incorporate more veg.
Goal 4. Tuesday is weigh in.
My dietitian told me to just try and get a fruit/or veggie in with every meal. Maybe this would help increase veggie intake? Great job with the goals Missy!

Goal 1. Met for week
Goal 2. We're hitting the gym tonight when Dave gets off. So, this goal will also be Met for week.
Goal 3. It occurs to me I am only considering dinners, when I have had at least 2 meatless lunches this week. So, change of goal lol
Gaol 4. We'll see in the morning.

1. Tracked multiple days this week, but not all.
  2. Exercised 3x's this week. Had a bad cold, so I didn't do as long but it counts!!
  3. Close enough lol this week, I am planning French Onion soup. Beg forward and also YUM.
  4. Weigh day! 163.3 So, I did make the <1.5>lb goal. I am hoping to be down to 158 before th Thanksgiving. But Ill take a steady 160.

1. --
  2. I was supposed to hit the gym yesterday, but was out shopping with my mom. Since she is in a wheelchair, I think pushing her through 2 entire stores, not to mention walking the strip mall to get to store #2 should count!! But it doesn't, so Ill have to make it up today lol
  3. --
4.--

I am no longer writing NO when I post these goals. It makes me feel like I failed when most of them are actually weekly based. I do like to post here daily to keep my focus tho.

I really need to get on the exercise train! Honestly it is just so hard to motive myself when I am steadily loosing weight and at such a fast pace. I know they exercise is not for weight loss but overall health. And, I feel myself getting "weak" (strength wise, like physically weak not sickly if that makes sense)
I used to workout, do cross fit and frankly I was SO BADASS! I was SO strong, had some definition and felt so good about myself. I worked with a trainer though and it was SO expensive but definitely worth it. If I paid for a trainer again I know I would be extra badass now but don't even want to spend the money on it. My trainer moved too far or I would definitely go back to him.
Anyway... how do you all find the motivation?!?

For me, its that weak thing you mentioned. I cannot tell you how it offended my feminist self to have to ask my husband to carry bags/flip the mattress/open a freaking jar!!

I still think "ugh, I hate this" every single time I get ready to go work out. And if I'm honest, I don't enjoy it while I'm doing it. Sweating is gross lol But I do feel amazing afterwards. AND (most importantly) I can carry my groceries in by myself in ONE trip. Girl Power lol

Back