• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Nutrition Class

ascooke63

er and I went to our first nutrition/exercise class today got a lot of info. They gave us a manual to keep that covers everything from how to eat when and what to what bring with you to the hospital. It takes you from before surgery till one year after. It has check list and tracking list and you are required to fill them out and take them back with you to appts. So Far it seems to be very interesting and helpful. I can't believe things are moving right along and surgery is not so far away!

Hi ascooke63
happy to hear your class went so well, mine didn't give us near as much information as your's sounds like it will be very helpful, have they already gave you a surgery date too?did they tell you how many calories to eat now before surgery? Mine said 1200 & 60 grams protein which it's hard to get that much protein in,
congratulations on your weight loss, i am trying but scales seems to be moving "slow" i must try to up my walking on treadmill. Keep me posted how things are going for you. Wishing you mucy success and i know you're gonna do well.
Donnaa

Mine is 1200 calories too for now 105 grams carbs 100 grams protien 27grams fat no caffiene and no carbonated beverages, I think can eventually go back to caffiene after surgery but never on carbonated beverages because they stretch your pouch. Don't have a date yet but should be done with all test by June 12th. They said it looks favorable for July! Also practice the 30 rule now to get used to it Chew each bite 30 times, take 30 mins to eat and dont drink 30 mins before or 30 mins after eating.

I have problems not drinking during a meal. It seems like I am always thirsty and I am so used to have a drink, it is hard to break that habit. I have a myfitnesspal account, but I am not faithful about using it, though I really need to start using it daily.

I too always had water or something to drink with my meal and that was the most difficult thing to stop doing, but it helps us feel full longer when we wait for our fluids before and after meals, although it is ok to have a few sips to help the food go down. One of the things I have noticed when I had water to soon after a meal it felt like the water was stuck in my throat and I would feal uncomfortable for a few minutes so I am a clock watcher after I finish a meal. :cool: Tom

Back