• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Off to the next step

CarolElaine

Well the 11th is the day I meet with the nurse who will be the real start of my program. Since I decided to start the process, I have started changing my diet, I have managed to drop 4 lbs.! I think I must have been wearing my skinny shoes. Anyway I am curious to find out what the packet of information will be like. Unlike others who are much further along, these beginning stages are still overwhelming. There is so much to learn and change about the way you live. What keeps me going is the hope of less problems with my back, and hips.

NanaG I am so glad you made it through. I read every day to see how you are progressing. You are such a blessing. All of you who particpate in this forum are helping me prepare for what is to come. Being able to write to you all helps too. I have started working on the vitamins, and boy that is tough. I actually find being consistent with the pills a challenge.

Returning to visit with you all is such a good thing. I'll keep you posted on my Wednesday adventure.

Plus good luck to those I read about that are having their surgery on that same day!

Hi Elaine, it sounds like things are coming together for you, that's so wonerful, are you seeing the So. Oregon Bariatric Center or are you going to the one in California? I heard the closest one was either in Chico or somewher down by the Bay Area. My daughter had her's down in Redding but don't think they do them anymore. I went to So. Oregon Bariatric, they have a great team, I had Dr Eaton and Reager as my NP, they are both great. :cool: Tom

Back