• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Oh My!!! Cleaned out my closet

Decided yesterday was the day to "Spring" clean my closet.....

I removed so many clothes it looked like I had my own + Sized department happening in my bedroom. My husband came home and just looked about and stated, "I was wondering when you were going to attack your closet." LOL. He has offered to help me with this project. I turned him down on this one because it was something I needed to do on my own.

I did keep one pair of size 30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20 and 18 jeans + a shirt from size 32 down to an 18 just as a visual reminder. I kept one of my size 32 dresses as well.

I am keeping my size 4x camo hunting jacket because I just love it, It looks like a HUGE dress on me now.. I know that sounds crazy but this one is a comfort thing for me... LOL

Talk about some emotions being brought out while removing each article of clothing. This made me re-visit the stares, comments and such from family and friends...

This action helped reinforce my choice to have the RNY and to make this tool work for me...

Decided yesterday was the day to "Spring" clean my closet.....

I removed so many clothes it looked like I had my own + Sized department happening in my bedroom. My husband came home and just looked about and stated, "I was wondering when you were going to attack your closet." LOL. He has offered to help me with this project. I turned him down on this one because it was something I needed to do on my own.

I did keep one pair of size 30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20 and 18 jeans + a shirt from size 32 down to an 18 just as a visual reminder. I kept one of my size 32 dresses as well.

I am keeping my size 4x camo hunting jacket because I just love it, It looks like a HUGE dress on me now.. I know that sounds crazy but this one is a comfort thing for me... LOL

Talk about some emotions being brought out while removing each article of clothing. This made me re-visit the stares, comments and such from family and friends...

This action helped reinforce my choice to have the RNY and to make this tool work for me...

Yet another major accomplishment that should be remembered forever.

Great!

Ralph

Congratulations! It is awesome to exchange old for new. I only kept one pair of pants in my largest size out of fear of having something to fall back on. You should know that once you get below 200 you will change sizes ever 10 t0 twenty lbs. Great job getting rid of the old. It can be a painful journey revisiting the feelings of those larger sizes but shopping in the non-plus size part of the store is amazing.

Best wishes and congratulations.

Back