• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Old bypass, but new here

Same here. I walk my dogs. But I know it's not the same.. I do have a bowflex in my bedroom that I used it faithfully for the first 4 years. Then slowly I just started to find excuses. Now I hang my good sweaters on it to air dry. Lol but seriously I need to get back on that too. Looking back I'm starting to see a pattern on all the things that I'm slacking. I need to figure all this out. It's hard and the people who know that I had weight loss surgery are the worst. I've had some say right to my face. Oh you gained some weight back. But didn't you have the surgery.
That's so rude that they say that to you!
I will tell you that I've done really well before in dieting - lost so much weight - but then after gaining it all back it's almost HARDER to get back on track because you know the difficulties ahead of you. You KNOW how you need to count calories and portions and carbs and you know about excercise and about saying no to so many foods you love - and it's daunting sometimes. BUT - you lasted 4 years! I've NEVER lasted that long - 4 years is incredible. You can do this again!

That's so rude that they say that to you!
I will tell you that I've done really well before in dieting - lost so much weight - but then after gaining it all back it's almost HARDER to get back on track because you know the difficulties ahead of you. You KNOW how you need to count calories and portions and carbs and you know about excercise and about saying no to so many foods you love - and it's daunting sometimes. BUT - you lasted 4 years! I've NEVER lasted that long - 4 years is incredible. You can do this again!
I sure hope so. I've gained 18lbs. I I had my surgery on 7/25/16. So the fact th had some people being rude about some weight gain I think is horrible. Give me a break. I'm almost 6 years out. But they don't understand. I don't know about you. But I have had some people telling me that I look good. But I took the easy way out. They have know idea just how hard it is to loose. It's a tool. Not a miracle pill. I've actually put on this extra weight within 3 months. I use to play with 5-7 lbs. Then go right back to my new way of eating since 2016. But unfortunately my friend was dying. Hospice came in. And I needed to be with her in her last journey. No regrets. But what happens when someone is passing. It seems there's always comfort food coming in. I know I was making bad choices. But I had more things to think about. But now I need to get control of my life. Now it's about me.

Stella, I'm sorry you lost your friend. I just lost my sister on Easter Eve. I haven't packed on a lot, yet, but I really lost interest in sticking to healthy food. Not much of an appetite, but mindless grazing is my BIG danger zone. Luckily my surgery twin has me outside walking almost every day, and that has improved my mood as the weather improves. I hope you are able to find some peace and comfort as you deal with your grief. ❤❤❤❤

Stella, I'm sorry you lost your friend. I just lost my sister on Easter Eve. I haven't packed on a lot, yet, but I really lost interest in sticking to healthy food. Not much of an appetite, but mindless grazing is my BIG danger zone. Luckily my surgery twin has me outside walking almost every day, and that has improved my mood as the weather improves. I hope you are able to find some peace and comfort as you deal with your grief. ❤❤❤❤
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's incredibly hard. We all grief differently . I too find myself going to the pantry and grab a handful of chips Or crackers. That was something I wouldn't do before. Before when I had craving. I would call my friend. And go for a walk and Talk she just made things better. Then I wouldn't have the chips. I had my physical on the 3rd of this month. And I was called in to the office. My doctor wanted to go over my lab results. I almost lost my shit. Excuse my choice of word. But that how I felt. I was so nervous. She always tells me my results over the phone. Turns out my iron is low. I've had that before. I know I need to eat alot of spinach and kale and liver. Great no problem. I can do that. But the real problem was my liver. Again I'm having fatty liver. The numbers weren't as bad as before my surgery. But just that extra 18lbs it made a difference in my numbers. So it could be worse. But it did scare me. On a good note. I weighed 1lb less today. I have been drinking alot more water. And trying to make healthy choices. I'm going back for blood work in three months. Hopefully my numbers are better. And some weight loss. We can't give up. We worked to hard for this. I want to be a success story. It doesn't help that my husband is slender and eats everything. So I have two cook 2 different meals. I always have protein in the fridge. And try to have a small salad with it. I hope you find peace as well. Stay strong my friend.❤❤

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's incredibly hard. We all grief differently . I too find myself going to the pantry and grab a handful of chips Or crackers. That was something I wouldn't do before. Before when I had craving. I would call my friend. And go for a walk and Talk she just made things better. Then I wouldn't have the chips. I had my physical on the 3rd of this month. And I was called in to the office. My doctor wanted to go over my lab results. I almost lost my shit. Excuse my choice of word. But that how I felt. I was so nervous. She always tells me my results over the phone. Turns out my iron is low. I've had that before. I know I need to eat alot of spinach and kale and liver. Great no problem. I can do that. But the real problem was my liver. Again I'm having fatty liver. The numbers weren't as bad as before my surgery. But just that extra 18lbs it made a difference in my numbers. So it could be worse. But it did scare me. On a good note. I weighed 1lb less today. I have been drinking alot more water. And trying to make healthy choices. I'm going back for blood work in three months. Hopefully my numbers are better. And some weight loss. We can't give up. We worked to hard for this. I want to be a success story. It doesn't help that my husband is slender and eats everything. So I have two cook 2 different meals. I always have protein in the fridge. And try to have a small salad with it. I hope you find peace as well. Stay strong my friend.❤❤
Thank you for your reply. Congrats on your 1lb weight loss. A definite step in the right direction makes you feel better. Extra water is a real game changer for most of us. Having an exercise buddy is so great!

I have slight anemia, so my pcp has me on 325mg ferrous sulfate every other day with 500mg of VitC. I wasn't able to raise my levels through diet alone, so que sera sera.

I think the hardest part about losing my sister is not having someone else with so many shared memories, and not being able to pick up the phone & call her. She had WLS 15yrs ago, and had lots of great advice.

Take care. ❤❤

Thank you for your reply. Congrats on your 1lb weight loss. A definite step in the right direction makes you feel better. Extra water is a real game changer for most of us. Having an exercise buddy is so great!

I have slight anemia, so my pcp has me on 325mg ferrous sulfate every other day with 500mg of VitC. I wasn't able to raise my levels through diet alone, so que sera sera.

I think the hardest part about losing my sister is not having someone else with so many shared memories, and not being able to pick up the phone & call her. She had WLS 15yrs ago, and had lots of great advice.

Take care. ❤❤
I can't imagine loosing a sister. Surround yourself with family and friends. And all the wonderful memories. And you will get through this. One day at a time.❤

Karen, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. The grieving process is tough and seems never-ending in those early days. Try to remember the best of times with your sister and to take care of yourself.

Karen, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. The grieving process is tough and seems never-ending in those early days. Try to remember the best of times with your sister and to take care of yourself. View attachment 5234
Thank you for your kind words Missy. This week has been a series of reminders. She always texted me a pic of Darth Vader on May the 4th be with you. We always celebrated Mother's Day by phone, and now it's her daughter's 1st Mother's Day without her. And it's my niece's birthday tomorrow. So, it's all coming at once, but I'm surrounded by loving & supportive husband and good friends.

Back