• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

One week out

So today I am one week post-op. I still in some pain but haven't taken pain meds since day one out of the hospital, they make me to ditsy. So the first thing I was concerned with was this big baseball sized dent in my left side. I new there would be some nerve pain but they didn't warn me about the big indentation. Very weird looking. Today I am going to try an out to the store for a quick item, I hope I make it out of the car, lol.

I am finding it hard to eat something every hour. I get all my protein in by the end of the day so I hope that makes my surgeon happy when I have my appointment tomorrow.

I do love however that my focus has turned to my health; intake of water, vitamins and protein instead of weight loss. My daughter asked me this morning how much I had lost and I had no idea. What a great release of that lifelong weight on my shoulders of chasing that dream. It will be here soon enough and I don't even need to think about it happening because I will end up there.

Congrats on your first week of post op. Sounds like things are going well, great to hear. Even better to hear is your focus on getting healthier and not worrying about the weight. I couldn't stay off the scale for the first couple of months after surgery, now I'm down to once a week, sometimes every other week. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions or concerns, we're here for you.

Frank

:cool:

Glad to hear you're feeling well. And good for you for not focusing on the scale! I have decided to try to be less concerned with the number on the scale also, but I still find myself hopping on in between my weekly weigh ins. Take it easy on your trip to the store, you may get worn out pretty quickly.
-Jenny :)

I'm very happy for you. You seem to be doing very well considering. I cannot take in anything without getting sick so be thankful you have that! And not worrying about the weight loss is wonderful!

Hi Jenny I see you are from nc so am I. I am scheduled in August for gastric by pass Ryan. Worried and thinking of backing out. So many people are having a hard time. I am doing this for my baby boy who needs his mom, but now I am not sure. Who was your surgeon? How long before you feel better?

Back