• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

One week to go

Thanks, I read where the article said Benefiber isn't as harsh, what did you use? I know it would be just a suggestion, thanks!
I used a generic, though I started with a brand name. The important thing to help you decide is reading that the fiber is made from psyllium husks.

As to harsh, you can increase your water and decrease the fiber. Even a half-dose is going to draw water into your stool and making it softer a easier to move through the colon. Most people don't eat a balanced diet or eat enough roughage. Start small until you find your perfect place.

Thanks, I read where the article said Benefiber isn't as harsh, what did you use? I know it would be just a suggestion, thanks!
I've been a BIG fan of Benefiber since about 2 weeks pre-surgery. I started taking a couple spoonfuls with Gatorade Zero, and I've never looked back. With my team's permission, I restarted Benefiber 1 week after surgery. I still take it almost every day, in addition to my (bariatric prescribed) generic colace. I only have had a few bouts of constipation, usually after an overindulgence of cheese (a sometimes addiction lol). Miralax works if all else fails, but I only use that rarely.

We are only human and you are doing great!. I need you here, you told me not to crunch carrots and spit them out lol lol so GET OFF THE PITY PARTY - WE GOT THIS and SHIT HAPPENS and we all love food! Peace and Success
I have no recollection of talking to you about carrots. It wasn’t me.

I come to this forum for advice and support. People share their struggles and difficulties all the time and nobody calls it a “pity party.” Your comment was rude and hurtful to me.

Last edited:
Everybody makes mistakes. Sometimes it's hard to track the author of the thread. LTMR is pretty new, but I'll give anyone credit for trying to help.

We do feel really sensitive, but for every boo-boo, you'll find a pearl. You have my support and I hope you've been able to move forward.

I come to this forum for advice and support. People share their struggles and difficulties all the time and nobody calls it a “pity party.” Your comment was rude and hurtful to me.
Suzanne, sorry to change the subject, but I wish you nothing but the best on tomorrow's surgery. I know you've been excited about it for quite some time.

I had very little pain after my VSG. I'm sure you will do likewise.

It was not meant to be rude. Its just we all have moment which include self doubt. Maybe "pity party" was the wrong choice of words, just using what my mom told me when I had hot flashes lol she had them also, no pity part. MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES.

Back