• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pain/discomfort with drinking liquids

I just started having pain with drinking liquids. Water is room temp & it causes pain too. I am 3 wks post op on Tuesday. Is this normal? Temp doesnt seem to make ir better or worse. Its a stomach kind of feeling doesnt last long.

Hi Gracie's Momma, Make sure you are sipping water and not taking big drinks, it takes time to get used to it, our pouches are very sensative while they heal. Since the discomfort goes away quickly it is probably nothing to worry about but worth a call to the doc just to make sure everything is ok. I had my surgery so long ago all I can remember was it hurt to laugh cough or sneeze for the first month and I felt full with just a few sips of fluids. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

I still get that at times. If I drink too much or too fast. It hurts like heck and I just try not to look like I'm going to pass out. As soon as the water leaves the pouch, I'm fine again. However, no clue why it is, but icey cold water is better on my pouch than warm. I rarely drink it any other way but COLD COLD COLD as I can get it. It feels good in my pouch...as does swallowing ice chips. I know, I'm odd.

Letrell

Back