• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

pain mediction

Joyce, every person is different when it comes to medication...your best bet is to call you doctors office and ask them! That is what they are there for and most are willing to help in any way. Sorry for your pain!:)

Has anyone who had the sleeve gone through this? When I drink anything I have cramps/spasms. Just wondering if this is normal and when it will subside?
thank you
Lori

Has anyone who had the sleeve gone through this? When I drink anything I have cramps/spasms. Just wondering if this is normal and when it will subside?
thank you
Lori
I had sleeve feb 7th 2012 and my stomach would gurgle but no pain, still cannot drink as much as i should. You should contact your surgeon!

I did contact the surgeons office, he was in a long surgery and was going to be late. She said he'd call me last night but hasn't. She said I shouldn't be experiencing that, it's the first of this kind of complaint she has heard of. I'm not a whimp and do have a high pain tolerance, but it's making it really hard to want to sip anything because I know what's coming the second i do :( I do have alot of gurgle or growling going on. The positive side is I'm down 8 pounds already :)

I did contact the surgeons office, he was in a long surgery and was going to be late. She said he'd call me last night but hasn't. She said I shouldn't be experiencing that, it's the first of this kind of complaint she has heard of. I'm not a whimp and do have a high pain tolerance, but it's making it really hard to want to sip anything because I know what's coming the second i do :( I do have alot of gurgle or growling going on. The positive side is I'm down 8 pounds already :)

Lori-Since it's now the weekend please call your surgeon's answering service and have them contact him. Keep calling every 15 or 20 minutes until he calls you back. Let us know what he said and how you are doing. I hope the source of your pain is addressed and something is done about it very soon.

I haven't heard back anything yet. The nurse advised me to take the liquid hydrocodone (which I had not taken any since I got home) It masks the cramps for a while, so I guess I'll just continue using it as it does help some. I'll let you know when I hear from him what he says. Thanks

Back