• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post Intestinal Blockage

Bemidji3316

Just asking if anyone has had issues with any types of blockages after their surgery? I have been fighting low platelets and high white counts for over 6 months now. My surgery was in 2009. This morning I ended up in urgent care with a nausea, pain and fever from my stomach and lower abdomen. Prior to that I am scheduled for a scope next Monday to explore my stomach and intestinal tracts. Has anyone had any problems with this type of occurence? Any and all information would be helpful, thanks Stephanie.

That is horrible, When did you have your surgery Reedwell??

Stephanie, I hope that get things worked out for you, I can imagine what you are going through.

Yes..3 surgeries in one r year...doingbwell though just struggling with some weight gain....but hanging in there:)

I nearly died from a blockage, had 2 feet on gangrene intestines!!

So glad to hear you are doing better.

Just a general comment to anyone reading this-any persistent pain needs to be investigated by your surgeon without hesitation. Pain means there is something wrong. This forum is a great place to visit to exchange information but we need to leave the serious stuff to the experts. I truly enjoy reading and contributing to this forum and think you are all so wonderful :) :) :)

Back