• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

post op 6 months

polo4058

hello everyone out there who is considering gastric bypass or sleeve.
I had the rny on nov 12, 2012 I stopped taking my diabetic meds one week before surgery. I was taking 3 oral meds.
I am not taking any diabetic meds now. my a1c was 6.4 in march.

I started at 263 and am down to 171.2 I do not want to lose anymore weight. so I visited my nutritionist to help me set up
a program to keep me no higher than 175.

I am told the rny is better for diabetics. I have never dumped but have come close a couple of times. you just have to learn
your stomach capacity.

I am so thankful I had this surgery and would not want to discourage anybody from having it. I was 72 yrs young at the time.
I do believe you have to have a positive attitude and expect it to work. it is not a magic bullet. you will have to work at exercise and dieting. but it is not hard.
I just feel like I need to tell all who supported me on this site thank you all and wanted to update all of you
I will not probably be back to this site.

it was very helpful at the time.

thanks for sharing your success story with us. It sounds like you are doing well. I think having a plan for maintenance is a very wise thing to do.

Back