• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post sleeve surgery

Nancy welcome! You will get a lot of great support and advise on this forum. I am just at the beginning of my journey and haven’t had surgery yet or I would weigh in. But I look forward to reading through the comments from our more experienced members while they help you through yours! Glad you found us!

Welcome! Congratulations on surgery, and nearing the next phase! My advice is, continue to follow your doctors plan (as you know, everyone’s is different!) but for all of us it’s so important to get fluids. So keep that up, remember to eat slow and space out your food and drinks, and try new things slowly. I added one new thing a day so that if I had a bad reaction I knew exactly what it was. Mashed potatoes with some high protein fair life milk added to thin them out is yummy. Soft squash, cottage cheese, and refried beans were also nice (not mixed together lol). Go at your own pace and remember that if something doesn’t agree with you initially, it might be ok a few weeks later. ☺️

During the puree stage I had cottage cheese, yogurts, refried beans, soups that I blended with an immersion blender if there were big chunks. I started at a quarter of a cup and ate teenie tiny bites that took me like 30 minutes to finish. Soups were awesome for me and got me through that stage. I found an awesome cauliflower/parmesan cream soup at Walmart that I lived on for days. Look for the premade soups cold section in the stores not the canned ones unless you can't find anything you like. Like Ann said above, don't start more than one new meal a day so in case you have a reaction, so you know what caused it. Also realizing that if you cannot tolerate something, you might just give it another few weeks and try again. You got this!!

Hi, MS. You can and should always call your doctor if you are having pain.

That being said, you just had a large part of an organ cut off of your body. The new smaller stomach is now being held together by staples. When you use your pouch, some discomfort is to be expected. If you've ever had stitches, remember using any body part NEAR them? It can be uncomfortable.

But again, anything beyond discomfort should be discussed with your doctor.

Back