• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post sleeve surgery

MsPhD - congratulations on your surgery!! So exciting! Seems like everyone has their own individual experience of recovery. I am going on 4 weeks post op right now, and can tell you that for me - I had no pain with drinking in my recovery. Felt the need to be "cautious"- like, kept expecting that something wasn't going to feel good, but then never really had any troubles. Every once in awhile now I will have a sensation in my stomach area that is like a cramp, or more accurately just a sensation that I definitely DONT want to drink/eat any more, which I figure is "fullness" or some equivalent.

MsPhD - congratulations on your surgery!! So exciting! Seems like everyone has their own individual experience of recovery. I am going on 4 weeks post op right now, and can tell you that for me - I had no pain with drinking in my recovery. Felt the need to be "cautious"- like, kept expecting that something wasn't going to feel good, but then never really had any troubles. Every once in awhile now I will have a sensation in my stomach area that is like a cramp, or more accurately just a sensation that I definitely DONT want to drink/eat any more, which I figure is "fullness" or some equivalent.

Thank you! That makes sense. It is the sensation letting me know that it’s full. The first two days I could only do a sip before that feeling. Now I can do about 2 to 3 ounces. I am definitely trying to figure out my new stomach.

Back