• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post surgery’s/ your experience

There are a lot of recipes on here and other sites for protein shakes. While the ready made are super convenient, I could never really stomach the texture. I personally bought a chocolate and vanilla protein powder from Aldi but you can use the premier and doctor them up as well. Adding protein to a blender with ice, frozen fruit, yogurt, pudding etc changes the whole thing. My favorite was chocolate protein, PB fit and ice. Like a poor mans peanut butter cup.

Thats a lot of protein quick. I was phased back up on protein and at a week out I dont I was even required to hit 45.

I couldn't drink the premier protein for about 3 months after. I am about 4.5 months post now and can drink them with out my stomach fighting back but I only like the chocolate and coffee one unlike before.

I also use unjury unflavored and make protein smoothies.

Weight lose depends on ones own body. Some lose fast, some don't. It also depends on how much you have to lose. I had surgery 9/2 and started between236-240. Surgery day was 226. I am currently at 182. The first two months loss were decent and really really slow since. I am currently lucky to lose1-1.5 pounds a week.

Back