• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

problem 2

Now my husband is 4 weeks out today. I am having a problem with him not exerciseing with me. He has lost 30 lbs. He say he has no strength and is week. He did get on treadmill this morning for 15 mins. But he does nothing else
.And wonders why his weight has stalled. What can I do to get him going. Its like talking to a wall. Lol. God love him. I tell him this is just a tool. Hopefully I can post some pics.
Thanks again
Janet

Well in the morning can get your body awake. But it doesn't burn calories like a evening one. Your body should be empty after your BREAK FAST. Maybe he is lazy. Or maybe he will figure it out when he doesn't eventually lose weight.30 minutes is a good time to strive for. But you can't make him you keep up you good work. You can go more if you like thats up to you. Nagging him won't help, he has to see for himself.

There is another thread http://www.americanbariatrics.org/showthread.php/2066-Stall-or-weight-gain-a-few-weeks-after-surgery that explains the stall your husband is experiencing. As for exercise, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Keep doing what you're doing exercise wise and keep asking him to join you, but don't nag, it will only create more resistance.

Also, is he tracking his food intake? If not, start a food diary, I use myfitnesspal.com. If he's not getting enough protein, weight loss will slow down. Let us know how it goes.

:cool:

Back