• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Protein drinks

Liz61

I am soon to start pre-op diet and have started looking for protein drinks. I would like to find a vanilla and chocolate powder that I can add sugar free flavored syrups to to change up what I m ingesting. The liquid drink I tried in GNC had 18 gms protein and met my other requirements but was grossly too sweet. Can any one recommend a powder that is not so sweet? Are all the liquid drinks like this? When they say you can have sugar free Popsicles does that mean fruit flavor only or can I have the sugar frr chocolate...lately the fruity protein drinks..are these better as Popsicles? Thanks for info...

Hi Liz, I have tried about a dozen or so powdered protein shakes and so far the only ones I like are the Body Fortress Whey protein powder. It mixes real well with just a spoon (I dont like the shake or blend method as the froth was NASTY!) I get both vanilla and chocolate and they are just the right sweetness for me. I would keep on trying different brands...you will find one! :)

I wound try the Nature's Blend 80% Protein Supplement, Its neutral in flavor and can be mixed into drinks or food hot or cold as long as they are not overly hot, it tend to curdle above 180 degrees.

Back