• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Puréed?

I have only done fish and chicken. Fish made me sick once. Chicken 60% of the time. Chicken has always been my go to. Will have to see if it is again someday. Have not tried beef. Do not like ham. Working on tofu. Tofu goes down well but I am not a good cook yet. Good luck and go slowly
My Dr's office said no chicken until 4-6 weeks. I have had tiny diced bits in the chicken broth I made ahead of surgery. My husband asked why I had to chew it so much when it was only big enough to fill a cavity.

At the beginning of week three, I made him a pork (very thin cut on the slant) stir fry. I took out three bits for me and he ate all the good stuff. So tender and full of flavor. I ate one bit of pork an hour (chewing each piece to baby food). First thinking I would chew it thoroughly and spit it out but no problems. I thought of it as a tiny protein snack,

My Dr said just take food additions one at a time and not with meds so I could be sure which was the problem if I became nauseated.

Now even 1 tablespoon of crushed (non sweetened) pineapple adds so much flavor to cottage cheese and Greek yogurt.

Yeah chili is a good one . I had Wendy’s Chili quite a few times

Yup, Dinty Moore Beef Stew was another good one since everything is so soft. I also ate a lot of Bear Creek Minestroni Soup. I always added about 1/2 to 1lb of Italian sausage (goes down and sits better in the stomach than ground beef) and cooked that on low real slow to make it soft first. then added the soup mix and 1-2 cans of diced tomatoes and about 2-4 TBSP of Tomato paste and it seemed more fresh more savory than the over salted. It goes so far that way, I have enough for all week. Walmart, Amazon etc usually sells it for something like $7-8 online $5 in store but My local Farm Fleet always runs this on sale for something like $2.75 currently on sale. Their Chili is pretty decent also after similar doctoring (and a dash of white and cayenne pepper)
Search Results for Bear Creek | Blain's Farm & Fleet

Yup, Dinty Moore Beef Stew was another good one since everything is so soft. I also ate a lot of Bear Creek Minestroni Soup. I always added about 1/2 to 1lb of Italian sausage (goes down and sits better in the stomach than ground beef) and cooked that on low real slow to make it soft first. then added the soup mix and 1-2 cans of diced tomatoes and about 2-4 TBSP of Tomato paste and it seemed more fresh more savory than the over salted. It goes so far that way, I have enough for all week. Walmart, Amazon etc usually sells it for something like $7-8 online $5 in store but My local Farm Fleet always runs this on sale for something like $2.75 currently on sale. Their Chili is pretty decent also after similar doctoring (and a dash of white and cayenne pepper)
Search Results for Bear Creek | Blain's Farm & Fleet

View attachment 4547
Thank you for the reminder about the Dinty Moore stew. I have some cans I bought before surgery that I totally forgot about. That sounds really good, as does doctoring up minestrone. "Doctoring up" is my go to method of cooking. Pepper, paprika, onion powder & garlic powder make almost everything taste better!

Back