• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pureed food?

I slow cooked chicken, it comes out super soft so you really only need to pulse it once or twice in the blender/food processor. You can also slow cook (crock pot if you've got one) turkey breast, pork chops, any lean meat you choose. You can add any spices you like. Just add some stock or a fat free gravy. I had chicken salad refried beans, scrambled eggs (are naturally puree consistency) cottage cheese, yogurt, egg salad. Depending on the food you'll only get a few ounces down and it takes about 20 minutes. Since you can only eat small amounts, a slow cooked chicken breast will probably feed you 3 or 4 times. I was super excited to get to FOOD food, as I'm sure you are. But trying to find new foods to eat, at these small amounts for every meal turns out to be too much effort unless you really, really love to spend all your time in the kitchen. I suggest meal prepping a few things you like and eating them several times.

I started pureed tuna with a little bit of mayo I put2 tbsp on my plate and am eating and chewing very slowly. What am I looking for to let me know when its time to stop eating.?

You should have a list with ounces and tablespoons listed, telling you the amount. Keep track of your protein grams in writing and keep consuming high-protein foods in suggested portions until you hit your goal. If I were eating fish, I'd consume 4 to 6 ounces. I believe a can is a little more than 6 ounces.

I don't count calories. I monitor portion size by assessing protein grams. I'm way down the line, so I eat anything I want. But I always make sure I get at least 50 grams of protein in before allowing carbs in ordinary quantities. My pouch controls my intake. Beyond four bites, I usually feel full. I'll pause and resume if I haven't hit my protein, or I'll stop eating because I hate the over-full feeling.

Your eating plan for the first year, or until you hit your goal weight, should resemble you nutritionist's plan. But once you've relearned how to eat, you can eat whatever you want, so long as your daily consumption core diet meets your protein grams and isn't filled with salt, sugar, carbs or fats.

It's still a waste of money for me to eat at a restaurant. But I cook and bake, so I can make delicious food while controlling ingredients and nutritional elements.

Hi. My nutritionist recommended 1/4 cup of pureed food which equals 4 tablespoons. If you start to feel full before you finish a full 1/4 C, stop eating. If you don't feel full, that's good. They recommend 5-6 small meals a day, so I've been eating about every 3 1/2 to 4 hours. If I'm not full, I figure I'm not going to starve before snack time, so when I finish my recommended amount, I'm done for that meal. Are you super happy to finally have FOOD?!? Man, I was so excited to get to puree lol

Hi. My nutritionist recommended 1/4 cup of pureed food which equals 4 tablespoons. If you start to feel full before you finish a full 1/4 C, stop eating. If you don't feel full, that's good. They recommend 5-6 small meals a day, so I've been eating about every 3 1/2 to 4 hours. If I'm not full, I figure I'm not going to starve before snack time, so when I finish my recommended amount, I'm done for that meal. Are you super happy to finally have FOOD?!? Man, I was so excited to get to puree lol
God i am so happy. I had 1 yogurt today and made it last 2 hours cause I'm so nervous of over doing it.
So u do 3.5 meals 1/4 cup at each meal?. That sounds like I can follow that! Thank u so much !

Back