• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Question regarding having dizzy spells when I stand

donnayork

Ok, I will start by saying I make sure I get my protein, water an vitamins in everyday kind anal about it. Ok now that's out there no matter how slowly I get up I getting dizzy. Everything goes dark an I stumble like a drunk. I go next week for blood work an then the following to the Dr. Would like to find out what's causing this cause it is getting so old an it scares my kids to see me stumble. I have had problems on an off my of my life with my iron so I am wondering if that could be what's causing it. Has anyone else had this problem an if so what was it?? Should I be worried that its something serious?? Insight please. Thank you!!!

Low blood pressure would be my first guess. I had to have my BP medication reduced after losing weight. Do you have a BP monitor? They are not very expensive and worth the investment. Other than that ear problems come to mind or dehydration.

Low blood pressure could be it. I never had high blood pressure. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess I've always had low blood pressure so now with the weight loss it maybe even lower. Will get it check.

I am 10 weeks post op now and have been getting "dizzy" spells .. but its not a head-spinning type of feeling .. its more of that feeling when your sick and your head feels woozy. After some online research .. I cam up with a few things it could possibly be ..

**Low Blood Pressure (or a drop in BP) -- however it happens anytime whether sitting standing laying walking or whenever ... so ive kinda ruled that out .. but im no M.D.

**Dehydration -- Very possible becuz altho I try very hard, I know Im still not getting enough fluids in now that I been on solid foods...was much easier when I was still on liquids ..

**Anemia (or low iron) -- very possible since I have been horrible with taking my vitamins including my iron supplement..

**Protein Deficiency -- another possibility for me but I been doing fairly well with this ..

Anywho .. .just thought Id let you know what I came up with .. of course there were other things that it could be that are not WLS related .. like an ear - issue throwing off your equilibrium or vertigo ..

Hope the dr figures out what is going on! ..Feel better!!

Dizzy Spells ..

I am 10 weeks post op now and have been getting "dizzy" spells .. but its not a head-spinning type of feeling .. its more of that feeling when your sick and your head feels woozy. After some online research .. I cam up with a few things it could possibly be ..

**Low Blood Pressure (or a drop in BP) -- however it happens anytime whether sitting standing laying walking or whenever ... so ive kinda ruled that out .. but im no M.D.

**Dehydration -- Very possible becuz altho I try very hard, I know Im still not getting enough fluids in now that I been on solid foods...was much easier when I was still on liquids ..

**Anemia (or low iron) -- very possible since I have been horrible with taking my vitamins including my iron supplement..

**Protein Deficiency -- another possibility for me but I been doing fairly well with this ..

Anywho .. .just thought Id let you know what I came up with .. of course there were other things that it could be that are not WLS related .. like an ear - issue throwing off your equilibrium or vertigo ..

Hope the dr figures out what is going on! ..Feel better!!

Donna,

You may need more electrolytes try a low calorie Gatorade as part of your fluid intake.

cheers

Back