• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Question???????

emt403

On 2-26-14 I had rny gastric bypass. 2 days after going home from hospital I had severe pain and burning in abdomen went to doctors and they said I ripped a muscle in abodomen gave more pain meds and belt to wear. couldn't take pain meds as I would get very nauseated.as long as I don't move pain isn't to bad but the minute you get on your feet and start moving it was intense, I have ripped muscles in my knees several times but pain has never been this bad, was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how long it last? Thank You for any response

I've had alot of cortizone shots in my life. cortizone is known to weaken your muscles. and yes its very painful

On 2-26-14 I had rny gastric bypass. 2 days after going home from hospital I had severe pain and burning in abdomen went to doctors and they said I ripped a muscle in abodomen gave more pain meds and belt to wear. couldn't take pain meds as I would get very nauseated.as long as I don't move pain isn't to bad but the minute you get on your feet and start moving it was intense, I have ripped muscles in my knees several times but pain has never been this bad, was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how long it last? Thank You for any response

I am so sorry that this is going on with you.

Please take it easy. I am sure your surgeon also gave you additional advice on resting. With respect to the naseau, didn't your surgeon prescribe an Rx to prevent naseau. I know the first week, I went home pretty much OK. I know I needed the pain med occasionally. Sometimes I felt a little naseau coming on so I would take the Rx for that as well. Bingo everything was fine. This is needed only for a week or two. In your case with your weakened muscles perhaps more.

Ralph

no they didn't perscribe anything for nausea. that pain is finally starting to get better but now i am experiencing pain in upper left side toward the middle almost like real tightening sensation. also when I get up first thing in morning I feel hungry usually drink something wait my half hour then have my alloted amount of pureed protein, wait the minuim amount of 30 minutes before I start sipping my water. I am having hard time doing the protien shakes but i usually manage to get get 1-1 1/2 of them down during day but I still get this hungry feeling an hour after I eat. Am i doing something wrong this just started yesterday. I appricate your input. I have lost 25 lbs since my surgery of 2-26-14.

no they didn't perscribe anything for nausea. that pain is finally starting to get better but now i am experiencing pain in upper left side toward the middle almost like real tightening sensation. also when I get up first thing in morning I feel hungry usually drink something wait my half hour then have my alloted amount of pureed protein, wait the minuim amount of 30 minutes before I start sipping my water. I am having hard time doing the protien shakes but i usually manage to get get 1-1 1/2 of them down during day but I still get this hungry feeling an hour after I eat. Am i doing something wrong this just started yesterday. I appricate your input. I have lost 25 lbs since my surgery of 2-26-14.

Did your surgeon put you on a Proton Pump Inhibitor such as Dexilant, Protonix or something similar?

You may also want to try waiting an hour after eating before having any liquids..

The brand of protein your using may also be effecting how your pouch responds.

I was having "hunger" pain, my surgeon discovered I have an ulcer in stomach zone that was in my bypassed / old stomach.

I am now taking Carafate 20 minutes before eating which has helped tremendously. I do have a very long history of ulcers so this was not a shock or surprise for me.

You may want to call your surgeons office and talk to the nurse especially since your less than a month out from surgery.

no I wasn't on anything like that but will take your advise and call doctors office see what they have to say.

Thank You,
Linda

no I wasn't on anything like that but will take your advise and call doctors office see what they have to say.

Thank You,
Linda

Good move. Call your surgeon. Better than that see if you can see him/her or his/her nurse practitioner and let them look you over. They might even want to do some tests.

Best wishes,

Ralph

I called talked to surgeon they called in something for nausea and said see how they goes ,gotta call him back tomorrow if it gets any worse or no better suppose to go to er where had surgery. thanks for all the concern . glad I found this support group it really does make a difference having someone to talk to that has been through some of same things you have.

I called talked to surgeon they called in something for nausea and said see how they goes ,gotta call him back tomorrow if it gets any worse or no better suppose to go to er where had surgery. thanks for all the concern . glad I found this support group it really does make a difference having someone to talk to that has been through some of same things you have.

How are you doing?

Did the new nausea rx help? Are you improving? Did you go to ER ?

Come back and tell us more.

Also, please fill in your profile. Your starting weight, current weight, type of operation, date, etc. Put up a picture. Also, take pictures of yourself along the journey and brag as you make progress. It really makes you feel good.

Post often. Soon you will be helping out others too.

Ralph

Hi Ralph,
Thanks 4 asking. Just got rx filled I couldn't get to pharmacy before they closed last night as it was called in so late. Not quite as sore today just took my first dose of nausea med, hopefully that helps gonna see how things go today. thanks for all the concern and info. I am really glad I found this site as closet support group to me is 50 miles away.

Hi Ralph,
Thanks 4 asking. Just got rx filled I couldn't get to pharmacy before they closed last night as it was called in so late. Not quite as sore today just took my first dose of nausea med, hopefully that helps gonna see how things go today. thanks for all the concern and info. I am really glad I found this site as closet support group to me is 50 miles away.

Glad that you are here.

Glad that we can support you in your endeavors.

You will succeed.

Ralph

nausea meds working. today was the first day since the surgery that I felt almost normal. gonna try and get out tomorrow and do a little walking.

well made it out for awhile today. It was to cold to walk outside so went to local department store and walked around for an hour. really tired now but it sure felt good to get out, I think things are finally started to go the way they are suppose to.

Great to hear

well made it out for awhile today. It was to cold to walk outside so went to local department store and walked around for an hour. really tired now but it sure felt good to get out, I think things are finally started to go the way they are suppose to.

I hope things continue to improve for you.

Keep posting. Keep talking to us.

Ralph

Nausea can be so dang debilitating... It is great to hear that the anti-emetics are working AND that you can get out and about, :)

Back