• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Random thoughts

Karenina

I was thinking today about how every one says they will miss food after surgery. But, you know, it's not food we will miss. Cookies, cakes, pies, doughnuts, twinkies...... the list goes on. Are not food. Do you ever hear anyone say, "I sure do crave brocolli". No. Well; maybe some people :eek:
I drive down the street. Fast food restaurants every couple of feet. A 7-Eleven on the corner that is PACKED with drinks, icees, high cal cappuchinos, chips, cookies. Beer, salty snacks, ice cream.
Go to work. The first thing I see are vending machines with more high calorie stuff. Who needs all this garbage? It's no wonder we are all fighting head hunger. The garbage is everywhere!!!
It's no wonder that our country is so obese.

I once saw an obviously homeless family living in an old car. The dad went into the store and came out with 2 beers and 3 packs of M&Ms. Breakfast for 5. I'd like to think if I was homeless living in a car I'd at least come out with a beer and a banana.

Just sayin.

Hi Karenina. You speak volumes. I was never much of ajunk food junky although pizza and McDonalds french fries were always a down fall for me:rolleyes: It drives me crazy to watch tv if I don't pre record it first, there are so many fast food comercials on at all hours of the day and night, that it is no wonder we are a nation of over eaters, I drive by all the fast food now and I just tell my self "you don't need that" and I just keep on going, I really don't miss it a bit but I do buy a pizza every once and a while but it usually last about a week instead of a day. I did miss my steamed veggies so I was so glad when I could start eating those again :cool: Tom

The thought of eating anything sweet brings on a gag reflex. The only thing I have had a craving for several times is eggplant. I used to eat it about twice a week before my surgery. Maybe why I gained 50 pounds in 2 years along with portion size. Fast unhealthy food everywhere. At my job most of my coworkers are eating it for breakfast and lunch. It doesn't bother me at all. Just wish they would eat healthier, and it has nothing to do with weight.

Back