• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Recovery time

I am a normal person I swear by it. But life has always been tough and I had to be tougher. I gain more weight when my mother passed because after everything she did in the past she had became my rock and my strength. When I thought I could not handle it was her who pulled me through. She may not been good when I was younger but when I was grown she changed. I learned to forgive and the bond between us grew. When she passed she was on her way to get me. I blamed my self for the longest and depression sat in real bad. I gained up to 736lbs. I always stayed below 450 before that. So After a year of not being myself where my family is I moved. And it was for the better. I started losing weight. and I started to open back up and I was not blaming my self no more. I made good progress being away from there. Even though I am 2 hours away from where my father passed I am still good. My father passed when I was a baby so I don't remember him. But my mother was the bad that changed into something good. I grew strong and I am protective over my kids. But I would never of had the strength that I had to get through this if it was not for my life. I was blessed as a baby. Got the best traits from both parents. Kind and smart. Caring and strong. Funny and loving. Protective and supportive. But most of all I learned to be me. I am normal person everyone has traits and everyone learns how to hand everyday life. I just had to learn how to handle a little more then normal. But that is ok because I am happy with the results of who I am.
You are a survivor, MamaBear.

Back