• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

RNY Newbie:)

Anewme@33

Hi Everyone. I'm new here and scheduled for RNY Aug 10, 2012. I'm seeking friends, mentors, preop
or post op. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:eek:

Hi ANewMe, Welcome. Congratulations on your upcoming WLS, it can be very scay and an emotional rollercoaster, I know it was for me. I had all kinds of fear and doubt once I got my surgery date and visit with the surgeons, it was all so real at that point but I knew I had tried everything else so I was OK with it. So it is very normal to be nervous and a scared. This is a great place to come for support and just to vent and get ideas on what to expect. Keep us posted on how you are doing. :cool: Tom

Congratulations Anewme, on your surgery date, I am fairly new too and I have gotten great advice from everyone here and It's just great, so keep in touch and let me know how things are going with you.

Thanks babydoll114, I didn't even realize you were from Detroit when I sent you a friend request:D I'M also from Detroit(Woodward/Highland Park) I recently moved to Houston because of a job offer for the hubby and LVN school for me. How has things been so far for you since your surgery? How long was your down time? I so far stocked up on Unjury and Celebrate protein
shakes. I also purchased my vitamins and babyfood. Did you do babyfood? I'm super excited but nervous....:cool:

hi Anewme@33 WELCOME you'll find lots of answers here and meet some great people, they've all been so good to me. I love the name you've chosen, yes you'll be a "new you",I get to have my w/l surgery 9-19 getting more anxious as the days go by, will pray for you to have a speedy recovery, come back and share how things went for you and how your journey is, we learn from each others experiences.
have a good day
Donna

Hello Anewme, I did struggle in the beginning, I did buy baby food, but I cold not consume it, it just didn't agree with me. I ended up back in the hospital after my discharge because of dehydration, and during that stay I had to have my gall-bladder removed, so I had a rough time in the beginning I believe my taste buds have changed after surgery, because there are things that I loved before surgery that I cannot stand the smell of now and when I tried to eat it they made me gag. Meat is a challenge for me right now I should be able to eat some kind of meat now, but I don't like it, or it doesn't like me one or the other!:) I am a big fruit an vegetable eater right now, I guess in time I will be able to consume some kind of meat, but right now it's not happening. I don't like the powder protein so I just drink the ready made shakes right now I drink half in the morning and If I want more at night I drink the other half, but usually I just eat a piece of fruit and this is good for me. Keep me posted on your sucess. Ask me any questions and I will try and answer them for you.

Hi Anewme,
Good luck on your upcoming surgery which is very close. I had my roux n y gastric bypass on July 25 and so I am new to the game, too. Just looking for tips and encouragement. I want to follow the rules, get in the proper amount of protein, get all of my crushed meds down, etc. I think this site will be good for us both. Let us hear back from you after your surgery.

Back