• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Sad news: Surgery rescheduled to April 2021

Oh no! So sorry. I thought you were going to say due to Covid. Did they go into specifics? Is it that they require a waiting period as some insurance companies do? I am sure you are disappointed. Many of us had delays due to Covid, myself included, so I know what it is like to be gung ho and then have to wait. But maybe it is just as well if what they are saying that Covid is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Hang in there!

Oh no! So sorry. I thought you were going to say due to Covid. Did they go into specifics? Is it that they require a waiting period as some insurance companies do? I am sure you are disappointed. Many of us had delays due to Covid, myself included, so I know what it is like to be gung ho and then have to wait. But maybe it is just as well if what they are saying that Covid is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Hang in there!
They said the insurance requires 6 consecutive months of surgeon visits.

My insurance was like that as well. Fortunately I knew about it going in. My official weight loss surgical clinic journey began - 7/2019 and my surgery was 1/22/2020. It seems like whoever handles the insurance at your WLS clinic would have known about or found out that little crap nugget before you were actually scheduled for surgery. Someone dropped the turd nugget on that one!

Hopefully the time will fly by quickly! At least you have a surgical date of April 2021! You can do it.

Hi! I’m bummed too. I don’t have a surgery date but my insurance requires a 6 month program as well. I have currently been through my support group nutrition class cardiac clearance my sleep study results are tomorrow then I have my psych evaluation on Tuesday. I want to wish everyone here a wonderful journey on your path to weight loss!

Hi! I’m bummed too. I don’t have a surgery date but my insurance requires a 6 month program as well. I have currently been through my support group nutrition class cardiac clearance my sleep study results are tomorrow then I have my psych evaluation on Tuesday. I want to wish everyone here a wonderful journey on your path to weight loss!
Sorry you have a long wait until your surgery. Mine should have been done after 3 months but because of Covid it took 6 months anyway. :rolleyes:

So sorry to hear this. My insurance company required 4 months and I thought the 4 months flew by... I did a lot of extra research, read 2 weight loss surgery books, bought a couple of cookbooks, looked forward to each appointment, then the next. Keep your head up it will be here before you know it!!

Hi. I received news from my surgeon’s office that my January surgery has been rescheduled to April 2021 due to insurance constraints. I am feeling let down.
Oh Honey, hold on your change is coming. And yes I agree something like that can bum you out. But friend I've been there and did that and even started taking it personally. Had to wait from 2/2020 til 12/2020 because covid hit. Your good news is you didn't say it was canceled. 3 months, come on friend you got this!

Hang in there! Mine was cancelled in January due to COVID, and I am waiting to see if they stick with the reschedule date of 2/12/21. My six month requirement was completed in November 2020. I have tried to manage my eating to drop some weight while waiting. Take care.

Wow, I had to be in the move program with veterans affairs for a year before talking with the dr re surgery. I started the move program in 2018. I wanted to try meds before surgery. Progress but still way too slow. Been meeting at digestive health since July. Making progress surgery date is 2/15/21. Don’t let the set back get you down. This too shall pass.

It’s really unfortunate that insurance is so obnoxious. Although I’m grateful it exists. I haven’t scheduled mine yet (hoping for May/June) but it already feels like a lot wait. I have made a decision to do this and I just want to get started. Hang in there, I’m trying to.

Hi. I received news from my surgeon’s office that my January surgery has been rescheduled to April 2021 due to insurance constraints. I am feeling let down.
I'm sorry you are delayed what helped me lose weight was drinking pure (brand) protein shakes and eating pure (brand) protein bars. These products taste great not like diet food at all. I get them at Walmart. Sending prayers and virtual hugs

Back