• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Scales day finally did it

Hi everyone I did get on the scales as much as I do not like it. lol I lost 28 more pounds. Currently at 171 yea;). Now to keep this going exercise and cut back on protein drink alittle by using water instead of fat free milk. And counting on getting it more my with my foods. Happy Monday everyone hope you have a great week.:eek::eek::eek:

wow you doing great!

darkpoeticangel,
What is your secret? You had your surgery less than a month before i did and i am down 47 pounds and you are down 83 wowy! Congradulations! My weight had been creeping down and making me think and check myself if i am doing everything right. I am still loosing but you got to tell some secrets!
Take care Michele

Well Michele:
Here it is: I exercise everyday I ride a stationary bike 30 minutes or if I feel okay do more. I watch fats and sugars. I also know if I don't get my water I don't lose as well. I som,etimes take protien drink, I was using fat free milk but read the label and switched to water. calories were a bit high. I do that if I don't get it from my foods. I try only to weigh 2 times a month. I get crazy with weighing. I also make sure my bowels are working I use fiber type metacual was what the doctor suggested. Remember to that sugar free is often high in fats, so watch that. I have been at 171 for two weeks, so more water which I had slacked off a bit. And maybe exercising 2 times a day. You can spread out 30 minutes or what ever you feel like doing. I had a mentor in a way two cousins.good luck

thanks for your secrets!

Really no secrets! We all know what to do. I will have to catch up with you at a meeting or run into you at the doctor office. If you remember we have the same doctor! I do all the same things you do but i wonder if your loosing faster because of your bowel surgery? Does he say your weight loss is a lot sounds pretty fast in less than 3 months? Thanks for the reply, i think i will change some things too. I drive myself crazy loosing at a crawl although he said loosing 10 pounds a month is a good loss at this point(after the first initial big loss in the beginning). Michele

Hey your in my meeting well come up to me. seriously thats cool. Maybe it was the bowel surgery not sure. But my cousin had the sleeve lost this fast. Either way I am happy to have it. Yeah he said 2 pounds a week after a while but if I can exercise more maybe I can make it 3 lol. My cousin exercises alot more then I do, she runs on a treadmill. I am not going to run on a treadmill yet. Like my bike but can't wait till spring to walk and ride my bike, who knows maybe I can run then. The doctor has not seen me for a while I see him again in Feb, and never said and thing about it then. But I will ask him. The bowel surgery should have been done years ago, so happy with that. Come talk to me I have no one here close to help me
they live out of state and work werid hours. I am happy with any amount cause I hated trying before surgery and not losing. Looking forward to meeting you face to face.
Angie

sure i will have to meet ya face to face! What day is your appt. mine is the 13th. I live in Lima so it is a pretty long jump to get there. I should go to a meeting and make a day of it shopping etc. Your great weight loss has inspired me to hopefully jumpstart mine! michele

I go to the doctor on the 11th I think of Feb. But I go to the Tuesday meeting at 6:30. I like them. Stay with it and change something, actually they talked about this in our last meeting, it happens to us all. It starts again. But drinking water helps a lot and change the exercise a bit. It will start back it always does. The meeting is the second Tuesday of each month. I have a calender, a plastic surgeon is coming one month. We bdo a walk in April which is kinda neat. I hope to see you soon. Will recheck doc appt to be sure of date. and let you know

So happy for you that is great, you are doing awesome, keep up the good work, I went to my Zumba class and Circuit weight training again today I feel so good, this is our year girls :)

Thanks I use to do kick boxing when my kids were still at home. I have never tried Zumba but it looks like a lot of fun. I was given a pin that my son recieved from his first MUSE Machine play when he was in high school. It says My Favorite Year. And I wear it to meetings. It sure sounds like it will be. I feel good also. Isn't it grand to feel good?

Angie

Congratulations on your great weight loss you're doing great. I know you said you also have an exercise bike, how long do you ride your's each day? I went to library and got a bag of books to read and i like to read while riding my bike it makes the time go by faster. I think i need to ride more than 30 min a day to get more results just curious how long you ride. I also will sneak in small amounts of time during the day too. I must get myself back into my routine and also walk on my treadmill i think i got more results from walking. Donna

Back