• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Seven Months Post Surgery

mmccarty

I am seven months out and only 9lbs to get to my goal. The scale is moving very slowly now that I am also learning more about what I CAN eat. I am feeling great and finding all kinds of good food that I can have now. I am setting a great example for my kids. My 3 year old wants salad with every meal, just like his mom :)
It has been a while since I have been on here. But I had a very hard time post surgery. I didn't think I would ever be doing this well. But as to be expected I still look very critical at myself. Now I see a big flabby stomach, butt, boobs... Ect. I am sure this is normal and I don't think any amount of weight loss can change that.
I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to check in.

Hang in there.........All of that loose skin can be covered with clothes and fixed with a good bra. Just concentrate how many more years you have just added to your life, and how much better you FEEL. Your babies will be glad to have you around longer, flabby or not! :)

Good to see you again M,

Congrats on your weight loss so far. You are close to reaching your goal and I'm proud of you. I know it wasn't easy, but you stuck with it. The loose skin can be covered up and eventually dealt with through surgery, if needed. You are an inspiration.

Frank

:cool:

I am about 8 months out and have some of the same feelings. I am currently at 143 and don't want to be any lower than 135. I also see the flabby's everywhere. I feel pretty good though. Congrats on your journey :)

Back