• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Shoe size after weight loss

Pat99

Has anyone's shoe size gotten smaller once you lost a significant amount of weight? Since my shoe size has gotten about 1 1/2 sizes bigger and wider as I gained weight over a period of 30 years I am hoping it will get smaller as I lose weight.

You will, before surgery someone in my support group said it happened to her and she was so happy, I really didn't believe it then it happened to me, I felt pretty dumb after my feet shrank and I didn't believe it. It wouldn't be so bad but my work boots cost about $400.00, so I hope I can get by with having them rebuilt for half the price, they usually come back a little tighter. :cool: Tom

I have quite a few pairs of shoes I haven't been able to wear because my feet swell up. Maybe I will be able to wear them again once I take some weight off. Same with clothes. 2 of my closets have clothes in them that are too small for me right now. It will be like Christmas morning once I can start using this stuff again :)

How funny, I have a bunch of clothes that I grew out of years ago that I kept around, mostly old t shirts and levi's, good thing they never go out of style. I now have about 4 large lawn and leaf bags of cloths that are to large for me, they are going to our second hand store soon. :cool: Tom

My feet shrunk both in width and length, in regards to clothes I took my pants in as they got lose, after my panicetomy in November I tossed all pants that had elastic waist bands, it is to easy to gain weight without noticing when elastic bands.

oh could we all live without elastic waist bands. I foun that becayuse of my apron I have to keep the elastic i my waistbande because It take the next size up to hold the apron..patti

oh no... i am looking forward to shopping for new clothes but i might have ot shop for new hoes too? yikes- i'll go broke!!!!hahaha.

living strong,
hi I've been stuck with a womens size 12 shoe since I was in 7th grade, talking about being a "bumber", now at age 55 still wearing a 12, and they are hard to find especially if you want something with a little style, a size 11 or 10 would be a dream come true,I quess only time will tell.
Donna

I will be the odd duck here. I have lost 70 lbs, shoe size pre-op was 81/2. My shoe size now is 9-91/2 depending on the shoe. I have no clue why this has happened, but my daughter is happy because we now wear the same size and she can wear my shoes, lol

Back