• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

sick daily

tiff

i have been so sick everyday i have no energy at all!!! no matter what i try i went to er today they tell me well you don't look sick i just cried ,i said you can not tell how i feel on the inside just by looking at me i never have hihg bp but today it was151 over 101 i tell them my hair is falling out ,i'm eating ice from the time i wake till the time i go to bed and i HAVE to have it he did a blood test and came back and said everythings fine, i asked for a copy and my mcv&mch is low my hemoglobin is 12.8 so thats on the lower end want to know what you all think i go to my doctor this week i will find out more then.

Wow you are sick, im very sorry to hear this, I would go to the Dr for sure! Im sorry your ER treated you such a way sometimes people are just ugly! Im praying for you, I pray today is a better day then yesterday. when did you have your surgery?

hi crymsynslady,thank yo so much for your prays i really need them ,i had my lap-RNY sep.2005 i had a very hard recovery took about 2 months before i could walk because they did the inside stiches so tight you could see the indent from the outside, lost around 149lbs i have always thrown up though i still do i'v put weight back on i had a baby in sep.2009 but thats okay i'll try and get it back off about 40lbs. ,i'm having a upper GI next week ,and i'm still waiting for my Gp to call back since the ER did'nt do anything ugh.

Tiff, Your GP or surgeon will be a better help to you than the ER. The ER doesn't have your history on file and are probably not too familiar with WLS patients. Your hair may be falling out if you are not eating enough protein daily. Good luck with your doctor appointment and make sure you come back here to the forum to let us know the outcome.

Hi Tiff,
I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I agree, ER doctors don't know how to treat you. Many have no experience with bariatric patients. My surgeon told me that if I ever end up in the ER I am to have the ER called him at once. GP or Surgeon will know more. I think of everyone on this site everyday and pray we all get through this hard time. I know it is well worth it.
Desert girl

Hi Tiff,
I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I agree, ER doctors don't know how to treat you. Many have no experience with bariatric patients. My surgeon told me that if I ever end up in the ER I am to have the ER called him at once. GP or Surgeon will know more. I think of everyone on this site everyday and pray we all get through this hard time. I know it is well worth it.
Desert girl

went to Gp today, was no help pretty much said" i'm depressed" and why did i overeat when i was young? stupid ass!!! i told him everything going on i took in labs that GB patients should have done he said he's the doctor not me and i need to talk with my psych. i said my mcv/mch are low and i'm concerened about my health,i said i'm only dpressed because i'm sick and something is wrong it's not in my head !!

OH my GOSH, How do you deal with idiots like your GP. Make and appointment with your surgeon immediately. And if you are not happy with him find another doctor. I truly hope you feel better. Thanks for letting us know.

oh i know, i just can not understand i am getting all cracker jack box doctors lol,i'm gonna call around tomarrow. i have a medical card so kinda hard to find doctors .
i'm not going to the one who did my surgery, because he's 1 & 1/2 hours away and i'm just to sick to drive or even ride that far,so i did get into the bariatric doctor here but so far he did some blood work and said everything looked fine i'm not sure what he even ran i have to get the results,but i can't see him anymore because, he's only there one day a week and i work ,so they are putting me in with the other one, but i can't even get in till june ,they did order me a upper gi so i get that friday hope i can at least get results before june .. i just don't get wy they all say everything is fine when i'm so tired,eat ton's of ice,my hair is falling out and the mcv/mch are low when i looked that up it said that has to do with anemia so why do the doctors not care about this?

oh i know, i just can not understand i am getting all cracker jack box doctors lol,i'm gonna call around tomarrow. i have a medical card so kinda hard to find doctors .
i'm not going to the one who did my surgery, because he's 1 & 1/2 hours away and i'm just to sick to drive or even ride that far,so i did get into the bariatric doctor here but so far he did some blood work and said everything looked fine i'm not sure what he even ran i have to get the results,but i can't see him anymore because, he's only there one day a week and i work ,so they are putting me in with the other one, but i can't even get in till june ,they did order me a upper gi so i get that friday hope i can at least get results before june .. i just don't get wy they all say everything is fine when i'm so tired,eat ton's of ice,my hair is falling out and the mcv/mch are low when i looked that up it said that has to do with anemia so why do the doctors not care about this?

There was someone else in this forum who was diagnosed with anemia. Her screen name is Mommyspyss. She made an appointment with a Hemotologist for treatment. I don't know anything about this speciality but maybe you can do some research and make a call to one and discuss your blood test results before you make an appointment to see if they can help you. Also, try sending Mommyspyss a message to find out a little more about how she was able to get help for her anemia.

thanks pat thats what i was thinking,hemotologist i think i'll try to talk with mommyspyss to thanks for letting me know;)

well,i have some blood work back WBC 6.6, RBC 4.58, HEMO 11.9, HEMA 36.5,MCV 79.7, MCH 26.0,VIT.D HYDROXY 19.9,FERRITIN,S 9.0 , so far just waiting on upper GI, sleep study,and folate,zink surum,B1(thiamine) results so let me know what you all think i no i,m vit.d def./and iron def. so how do doctors deceide if you need iron shots or IV ?

I'm not able to decipher blood test results but the report should flag anything that is not in the normal range. You mentioned you are not deficient so that is a good thing. The doctor knows if you need iron based on the test results and will determine if pills, shots or an IV is in order.

Make sure you are getting your fluids and your proteins daily. Drink protein shakes if you can't eat enough food with protein. You also need to get enough sleep.

Back