• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Sigh!!!

Carolyn270

Hi. Its been a while since I originated a post and I apologize. Its been kinda depressing lately. I only have you guys to really show that yall support me. Thats not the depressing part. Its the fact that I actually need a coach. Someone to keep me in line daily. Not hand me a can of pop. I lost five pounds since ly last visit to the doctor but I know for a fact it should be more. I no longer pay close attention to my diet cause everyone around me doesnt. Sad. I am not sure what to ask from anyone where there are a thousand and no questions. I just wanted to be honest and let you know that i might give great advice but its easier typed. I try to follow the plan. Read the guidebook and bug the dietician but i think my depression also plays a role in this failing. I have this "forget it " attitude nowadays. On top of eating poorly because of the glucose issues and the always hungry mode I feel like I wont reach my goal til im 80. If I can survive that long. I hope this message does not brimg your spirits down. I just felt the need to express the current situation.

Hi. Its been a while since I originated a post and I apologize. Its been kinda depressing lately. I only have you guys to really show that yall support me. Thats not the depressing part. Its the fact that I actually need a coach. Someone to keep me in line daily. Not hand me a can of pop. I lost five pounds since ly last visit to the doctor but I know for a fact it should be more. I no longer pay close attention to my diet cause everyone around me doesnt. Sad. I am not sure what to ask from anyone where there are a thousand and no questions. I just wanted to be honest and let you know that i might give great advice but its easier typed. I try to follow the plan. Read the guidebook and bug the dietician but i think my depression also plays a role in this failing. I have this "forget it " attitude nowadays. On top of eating poorly because of the glucose issues and the always hungry mode I feel like I wont reach my goal til im 80. If I can survive that long. I hope this message does not brimg your spirits down. I just felt the need to express the current situation.
We all slip, but it doesn't mean we are going to fall, it is time for you to get back in the flow of eating right and exercising, you can't blame the people around you, you are a strong person and you can do this. I know you can do it. I don't know if you are keeping track of what you eat but you should be and write it down before you put it in your mouth. Think positive and get back on track.

We all slip, but it doesn't mean we are going to fall, it is time for you to get back in the flow of eating right and exercising, you can't blame the people around you, you are a strong person and you can do this. I know you can do it. I don't know if you are keeping track of what you eat but you should be and write it down before you put it in your mouth. Think positive and get back on track.
Sorry I yelled, lol sounded like you needed a kick in the a**, I know I need one hehehe

Okay, so Carolyn...what Tracy said..lol! Actually, I'm not on the awesome meter right now. I went to Dallas for a few days of relaxation, had a few drinks which I wasn't supposed to have and ate things that weren't on my list of foods to eat so yeah, my mini vacation got me way of track and put me in the time out chair I think. o_O So, time for us both to kick our butts back into gear and get back on track! We can do this!

Everyone is going to slip sometime. When it happens try looking at your before picture and ask yourself "is this what I want to be again?" I am new to the lifestyle but I know that seeing my before pic is already a noticeable change and no soda or junk food is worth going back there to me. I keep that picture on my phone so i can look any time I need to.
Depression is a common issue for bariatric patients so I hope you consider meeting with a therapist to help you through this part of your journey.

Everyone is going to slip sometime. When it happens try looking at your before picture and ask yourself "is this what I want to be again?" I am new to the lifestyle but I know that seeing my before pic is already a noticeable change and no soda or junk food is worth going back there to me. I keep that picture on my phone so i can look any time I need to.
Depression is a common issue for bariatric patients so I hope you consider meeting with a therapist to help you through this part of your journey.
Thank you for your encouraging insight however i see a therapist 3 days a week. They are helpful breakfast and lunch but dnner...they are off duty. Lol. My mom did finally recall my goals she (even though her memory is getting kinda bad) has put forth more effort to be supportive. I just went through my closet and can no longer fit the majority of pants and skirts. So when i get tempted I remember that success.

Okay, so Carolyn...what Tracy said..lol! Actually, I'm not on the awesome meter right now. I went to Dallas for a few days of relaxation, had a few drinks which I wasn't supposed to have and ate things that weren't on my list of foods to eat so yeah, my mini vacation got me way of track and put me in the time out chair I think. o_O So, time for us both to kick our butts back into gear and get back on track! We can do this!
I am determined to try harder. I didnt appreciate food much til I found myself missing out. I gotta follow my own advice more closely and find that delicious healthy. I thought i had already turns out it doesnt nothing for my glucose. So the search goes on. I can only stand so much of grocery stores for so long. I make bad decisions when shopping while hungry. But thats me most of the time. So we pick up where we left off, right?

I wish I was perfect but I also have been making some not so great choices, so I could really use an a** kicking lol,
I am not so sure that a kickin would be enough. I tend to think I need to exercise my will power til its stronger. I try to anyway. But your words are motivational. I hope they help you as well.

I am not so sure that a kickin would be enough. I tend to think I need to exercise my will power til its stronger. I try to anyway. But your words are motivational. I hope they help you as well.
My problem is sugar, I am addicted to it, so I am working on cutting that out of my life, now I know what it means to be addicted to something, it is so freaking hard. To quit, just to say know and walk away, I wish they had a pill for this, ugh, I'm so glad you are getting back on track, keep going, am I am going to work even harder now

My problem is sugar, I am addicted to it, so I am working on cutting that out of my life, now I know what it means to be addicted to something, it is so freaking hard. To quit, just to say know and walk away, I wish they had a pill for this, ugh, I'm so glad you are getting back on track, keep going, am I am going to work even harder now
Ive decided to weigh myself today. Even though i made mistakes i lost 9 pounds. I find that weird and confusing. I told myself to imagine how much i would've lost if i didnt stray. I drew a blank. Im feeling lost. Its like being determined to get somewhere while on a hamster wheel.

Ive decided to weigh myself today. Even though i made mistakes i lost 9 pounds. I find that weird and confusing. I told myself to imagine how much i would've lost if i didnt stray. I drew a blank. Im feeling lost. Its like being determined to get somewhere while on a hamster wheel.
I love the hamster wheel analogy, that is so true. I feel the same way, but think of all the exercise we are getting running around, at least it payed off for you, I have 5 lbs to lose and then have to stay there I have been like this for months, it seems like that anyway. I should have set the goal a little higher so I would feel good about where I am now

I'm sorry you're struggling. I'm 5 weeks post op and have been doing well, but I've struggled with back pain and depression for years which lead to my weight gain. I went to private counseling regarding my food issues before I had the surgery to make sure I could hack it - and I'll continue to go. I know how you feel. I made these wonderful frozen pumpkin pie tasting smoothie pops (just banana, pumpkin puree, and plain non fat yogurt and spices/splenda) - but even though they're only 62 calories per serving, I want to just snack because that's my issue with food. My husband is a bad influence on my diet bringing home processed foods - even though he's trying so I hear ya. Just give yourself some respect and praise that you've come this far. You can do this - just stand your ground on your food choices and tell your loved ones to not tempt you. If you can get to counseling, I highly recommend it. I hope your journey improves - hang in there!

I'm sorry you're struggling. I'm 5 weeks post op and have been doing well, but I've struggled with back pain and depression for years which lead to my weight gain. I went to private counseling regarding my food issues before I had the surgery to make sure I could hack it - and I'll continue to go. I know how you feel. I made these wonderful frozen pumpkin pie tasting smoothie pops (just banana, pumpkin puree, and plain non fat yogurt and spices/splenda) - but even though they're only 62 calories per serving, I want to just snack because that's my issue with food. My husband is a bad influence on my diet bringing home processed foods - even though he's trying so I hear ya. Just give yourself some respect and praise that you've come this far. You can do this - just stand your ground on your food choices and tell your loved ones to not tempt you. If you can get to counseling, I highly recommend it. I hope your journey improves - hang in there!
Hi. I thank you for your response. I have been going to counseling for years and also see the psychologist in the wls team. Basically all they can do is tell me the basic coping methods and their opinion. Its not entirely bad but since I've been at it for 15years.... I come from a troubled background but I seem to be my therapists favorite. I am not hard to work with despite that past. But sfter the wls I was hoping that I would feel more alive and all that. Alot of people on here are exercising regularly but I cant keep a schedule. I just know I will be loose and floppy when i reach my goal. The therapists try to be encouraging and sometimes it works. I believe I couldnt get any better counseling in my area. Wls is the toughest life change in my opinion because there are so many aspects to it, i.e. diet choices, kicking habits... That sort of things. Being in this forum makes me want to do better so i log on to whiningly express myself. I think i am babbling at the moment so I'll end with this period .

Back