• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Six days post op

I made it!!!! Lap RNY on Monday June 11th and was inpt until Thursday due to some pain issues. Doing the cream soups and shakes and whatever else I can get down. Still SO SO SO SORE on my left side, my surgeon said this is where he removed the port of my lap band. So thankful to be up and about. Slowly walking around. When I think about it, had lap band removed, RNY done, hiatal hernia repair and liver biopsy due to fatty liver I suppose. I want to be up and at 'em like it never happened but I have to realize what I have gone through. Thank GOD it is all over and I am on the other side now! Thanks for all of your support and well wishes! Now the journey begins. :D

I made it!!!! Lap RNY on Monday June 11th and was inpt until Thursday due to some pain issues. Doing the cream soups and shakes and whatever else I can get down. Still SO SO SO SORE on my left side, my surgeon said this is where he removed the port of my lap band. So thankful to be up and about. Slowly walking around. When I think about it, had lap band removed, RNY done, hiatal hernia repair and liver biopsy due to fatty liver I suppose. I want to be up and at 'em like it never happened but I have to realize what I have gone through. Thank GOD it is all over and I am on the other side now! Thanks for all of your support and well wishes! Now the journey begins. :D

Glad you made it through. I had my roux-en-Y surgery and gallbladder removal on Monday as well. You are not alone. Still so so so sore on my left side also. But I'm up and walking three times a day for 20 min each time. Walk as much as you can. It seems to relieve some of the gas pains. I wear a body binder that my surgeon got me through the hospital. It helps with some of the left side pain when I'm walking. I'm also drinking creamed soups and shakes, refried beans mushed totally and watered down with chicken broth to the right consistency, and mushed and watered down cottage cheese. Also sugar free popsicles. Once the pain goes down we can be up and at 'em. Good luck on you're new journey, Toinette1953!!

Eric

Glad you are doing well. I can't wait till things are over around here. I feel that I have already been watching what I am eating but it seems I am always feeling hungry. How long after you start your pre-op diet does the hunger pangs go away??

Eric and Toinette, I am glad you guys are doing well, you both went through more than I did, I cant imagine all that. It is a wonderfull feeling to not be hungry all the time. For me it still like that to a point, st first I would forget to eat now I am only hungry when I am actually hungry and I know the difference between boredome eating and hunger now:rolleyes: You two will do fine our journey all started the day we decided we needed to do something and took action to do it, this is just one step along the way. I could tell you it is smooth sailing from hear but that would be false, with every journey we have our uops and downs, that is why we need support. I wouldn't change a thing. Keep up the good work. :cool: Tom

Thanks Tom you are such an awesome inspiration for this group! Again so glad to have found all of you. Keep me going, LOL, and we all need your words of wisdom!

Ahhhhh yeeesssssss....the week long pre- surgical liquid diet, I remember it well *LOL*

I'm not going to lie to you, it's going to be a little rough. But it is necessary to maintain it otherwise you won't be able to have the surgery. It will get easier after the third day, I promise. You will probably start feeling tired with low energy. Take advantage of the situation and take some naps. It will make you feel better and pass some of the time.

Back