• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

So 5 day post-op updates…FYI….TMI

I would ask the manufacturer, since they actually know the process.

Years ago I was taking some tablet that was painted with some kind of substance designed to slow the release of the medication within. Since it passed through my digestive system so fast, I was missing out on its therapeutic benefit. After check with my doctor and the manufacturer, I found it was okay to rinsed them under a faucet until most of the paint came off.
The thing is, we tend to revere doctors and put our trust in them. But we shouldn't. I mean, when it comes to meds, all they know is what the pharma sales rep tells them, and this is often bullshit, as demonstrated by so many drugs that have been taken off the market over the last few decades.

I'm just saying, before you put something in your body, ask questions about what it is. It just makes sense.
I think that’s one of the greatest lessons I’ve learned about this process. Ask ask ask, research and ask again. When I find a peace about something, that’s when I personally feel good about the answer. Having a good relationship with both prescribing professionals as well as my pharmacist has given me a lot peace.

I think that’s one of the greatest lessons I’ve learned about this process. Ask ask ask, research and ask again. When I find a peace about something, that’s when I personally feel good about the answer. Having a good relationship with both prescribing professionals as well as my pharmacist has given me a lot peace.
Oh, this reminds me of a great old joke.

Q: What's the difference between God and a doctor?
A: God doesn't think he's a doctor.

Hi Dianne, so I asked, asked and re-asked both before surgery, the day of surgery and again with my virtual visit with the PA yesterday. She assured me (along with the others I asked) that capsules are fine and there is no need to open them up and sprinkle the contents into anything. That in the last couple years they have found that they break down and digest fine. I was especially worried as a couple of my psych meds are in capsule form. They have all said the same thing and just to monitor my moods to ensure they are working the same way. So far so good and I hope to God they're right!
My surgeon also said capsules are fine to take after surgery.

Back