• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

So frustrated!!!

So I have met my goal weight for surgery, attended all required support groups, behavioral modification classes, nutritionist, and physical therapy. When the insurance coordinator went to submit my paperwork a couple of weeks ago, my insurance company said I had to meet with the bariatric program nurse practitioner once more. So I did, today. I am 9-10 pounds under goal weight. I've done everything I'm supposed to. I called the insurance coordinator today who said that it could take 15 days to get an answer but that she would call after a week. WAIT..WHAT?! They have reviewed everything else in my file, it takes a minute to look at the note to see that I visited the NP today. My first week out of work is supposed to be next week. If I don't have surgery soon I am going to be out of work through the holidays and 1. my boss and coworkers will probably be pissed and 2. I will absolutely be working on Christmas! I am so frustrated. How hard can it be to approve the surgery when everything else was already in place?! :( I am not being very patient but I've worked so hard to get to this point and I need to get this surgery over with.

Sorry for complaining, I am just so discouraged today. :(

Jamie-Sue, Although it COULD take 15 days for approval I'm thinkin' it will probably be approved soooner. The insurance coordinator's tend to quote standard answers since they don't want to put themselves in the "don't shoot the messanger" position. Just try to relax and don't stress yourself out too much over this. No one thinks you are complaining either, we have all come here to vent our frustrations and concerns at one time or another.

hi Jamie-Sue, It is good to vent at times like this, being so close yet so not knowing when:confused: it must be really frustrating, you can rest assured that the bariatric coordinator is doing their best to get the approval from your insurance company, your surgery day will be here before you know it. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

Hi Jamie-Sue,
I know it's frustrating something similar happened to a girl I know. They told her 15 -30 days but she was approved in 6 hang in there. I hope you get your approval soon.

Doris

That's very frustrating!!! I'm with Pat though...in the medical field I know how insurance comapnies work and they do quote people a "window" rather than a specified time. Try to think of it this way, you are SOOO close, you've come SOO far, and your almost there!! I would give a pinky finger to be as far as you in the game. LOL.

Back