• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Some people I do believe are jealous.

I like everyone else have had WLS or are planning to do so. ;). I did it for my health & the rest is just a plus.
I did have to laugh the other day when I was reading the saggy baggy Elephant to my grand kids. I feel sorry for him lol. The saggy skin I hate it. But in time I will get it taken care of, that means work and save and use a resident program cause it's cheaper. But, you can not tell in my clothes I have saggy skin. But I have notice that a lot of post on here are about jealous envious people. They don't want the person to get surgery, or they in one case left them. I rarely get comments about my weight loss from certain people. I feel they are jealous. I also think its crazy. We have to fight hard to lose weight and keep it off. Its no trick.
But everyone of us deserve a big pat on the back. When I get a notice and I do, its from people that are not so close to me. Well, I have a seceret and so do most of you. We are healthy changing and more in control. I have not dated for 3 or 4 years. Now I am asked out. I have changed I am more picky lol. I take care of myself and think I want a date that does also. I have my 1st date Monday with a friend I went to a Bengals game last season with, and where else to start but there. He has not saw me since I was almost 250 pounds. So I might have to tell him who I am. I still love the outdoors and walking and biking and any
thing else I can do canoeing camping. And I love to dance. Only difference is I will not be huffing and puffing and sweating. Yes it changes us, but for the better. I can say for the first time in years, I like the person I am becoming. And to each one of you on your journey... Its a beautiful road to travel. Hugs and love to all my B rothers and sisters hand in hand as we travel. Peace at last.

I think you might want to tell your date before you meet as you look like a totally different person. Congratulations on your success. Regarding possible jealousy from others well that is their issue. You knows why. Could be of your courage to take control of your life. Maybe something they struggle with. Usually comes from some insecure place. Stick with the people who can support you in your success. You have earned it. Have fun on your date!

Yeah well... I think I am to late getting home for the date anyways so have to have a rain check with him. I do have one sister who struggles with her weight and health and would love to see her lose more, she has lost a lot. I will have to get new friends cause my old ones are a bit negative & I am positive refused to be brought down. Anyone want to be my bud? :D I have a support meeting tomorrow night and hopefully I meet someone there than can identify with what WLS really is. I think unless you go through it you don't know. Some people think its a magic solution. I work my butt off keep the numbers falling. I eat what I eat because its a choice I chose. I hate the word DIEt anyway, cause I am not dying I am living. I will never ever go back ever. I look at what I was and my health was so bad. Now I am healthier then I have ever been. It helps that someone supports you. My sister does and my daughter does. The rest of them do not, their loss. Cause I am happy and negativity causes depression and health problems. So, I stay positive. And all you help me aloty. Thanks. To all of you,
Hugs,
Ang

Amen sister, that was beautifully said. Glad to hear that your life and outlook is improving. Those who are negative and unsupportive do not deserve to be your friend. All I can say is "You go, girl!" LOL

:cool:

Back