• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Still no date...

cook5030

I have my last visit with my pcp on Nov 20th. Finally! Then all information will be sent to ins. Hopefully, I will be having my surgery before the first of the year. I am getting excited and nervous at the same time. I think I will be a little more at ease when I get my surgery date. I will post again when I have new information to share.

You will get your date soon. My last required support group meeting pre-op is today. Then I have my last Cancer Screening-Pap Smear on the 14th and then next week on the 20th I have my Pulmonary Evaluation in which he will let me know whether I need a sleep eval or not.
My last PA appt is on Dec 4th. My insurance has already told me that they approve they just need to officially have the last of the info that is coming up.
I also will be glad once I have the surgery date, along with the pre-op testing info and diet info.
It is moving along.

Carol

Cook5030, hang in there for the roller coaster ride of emotions to hit once you get that date. It wont be long now.:) Keep us posted!

I agree. My date is Nov21,2012. And I'm still nervous. I look at catalogs and still go to the Plus Women size. It is hard to even look at Reg. Size, to even see what there is for me to wear coming up. We are here for you. Keep up the good work. Hugs

cook5030- I understand how you feel, it seems like an eternity!! I started this process in March and my surgery is tomorrow 11/13. Believe me when I tell you getting the date sets you into a whole other emotional track, but the good part is you can start preparing with putting things in place such as buying what you need. Stay focused on the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be here before you know it. Keep us posted!!!

thank you all for your support and words of encouragement. I can't wait. I could use a few more articles of clothing for the winter months but I know surgery should be right around the corner and I don't want to waste the money if I am only going to be able to wear them for a short time. I will keep you all posted. Good luck "Time 4 Me" . Post when you get the chance. We will be waiting to hear from you.

Just finished up with pcp today:) Hopefully it won't be long now before I get a date!! Congrats to all of you with upcoming surgeries. I hope to have mine before the end of the year. I will post again as soon as I know.

Yay, I got my date! Dec 14th. Two weeks and counting. Roller coaster of emotions going on. Start pre-op diet tomorrow.

Congratulations! It came almost faster than you expected. About buying clothes, I frequent used clothing stores and Goodwill stores, Salvation Army and stores like that. Then I buy just one or two nice items for special occasions. Hit the sales as well at Wally World and places like that. Also some neighbors and friends have given me some clothes (some don't fit yet but others do). No sense in buying three or four wardrobes of clothes while you are losing weight.

Cook5030, hang in there for the roller coaster ride of emotions to hit once you get that date. It wont be long now.:) Keep us posted!

Mergatroid you had your surgery yesterday, how are you doing? Keep us posted on your progress!! You will be starting on your journey doing Protein drinks for a couple of weeks while you heal and I will be getting my surgery!! All kinds of emotions, I keep thinking, what in hell are you about to do, and all this to lose weight, why not just do the protein diet and lose the weight but in the back of my head I really know why. It is big changes but worth it for sure.

Congratulations on your surgery date. Make sure to come back here for support we are all here to help each other, it can be an emotional rollercoaster at times. :cool: Tom

Back