• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stir Fried Pork with Chinese Vegetables

KristenJH

Here's another great recipe that I've found online and have tried. The rest of the post is copied from where I found it: http://www.bariatriccookery.com/blog
Let me know what you think!!

It ‘s a wonderfully light and crunchy pork stir-fry with Chinese vegetables that could be served with noodles if liked. The secret to getting the Chinese flavour in this dish is to use a low-fat cooking spray that has been specially developed for wok type cooking. The Stir-Fry Frylight one that I used for this recipe has been infused with the flavours of soy sauce, sesame, ginger and garlic. ENJOY!

Ingredients

200g/7oz lean pork, thinly sliced

Frylight Stir Fry low-fat oil spray

1 small onion, thinly sliced

1 small red pepper/capsicum, seeded and sliced

100g/4oz Chinese vegetable mix or Chinese cabbage, shredded

100g/4oz beansprouts

salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method

1. Place the pork in a bowl and spray liberally with the low-fat spray turning to coat evenly.

2. Spritz a wok or large frying pan with the low-fat spray, heat then add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.

3. Increase the heat, add the pork and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until beginning to brown.

4. Add the pepper with a little more low-fat spray and cook for 1 minute. Add the mixed vegetables with a little more low-fat spray and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until the pork and vegetables are cooked. Serve at once with rice or noodles if liked.

SERVES 2

WLS PORTION: 1/2

Calories per portion: 200
Protein: 25g
Carbohydrate: 10.5g
Fat: 5g

I am so thankful for people like yourself who are willing to share sites they've found and great receipes, finding out there are still food 's we can have is enlighting and I 've never seen the cooking spray with the flavors' added to it, I will be looking for that one, thanks again for sharing.
Donna

Back