• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

stomach area still swollen, tender

Hannah

I am 2 weeks post op lap band and my stomach is still swollen, bruised, and very tender, especially around belly button. Is this common? Should I be putting something on these sites? Is this normal?

I had the Rny done lapriscopicly and my tummy was tender for a while but check in with your doctor in the morning, better to know for sure instead of wondering. :cool: Tom

A foreign object has been placed in a painful & complicated area of anatomy. As someone told me today; your insides are insulted. If you are experiencing great pain or symptoms at the site call for an immediate appt - they will get you in to examine. It's possible that things are okay & it's something that will pass shortly.

Best wishes, prayers & positive vibes.

Hi Hannah, I have a lapband and I don't recall any swelling that long after placement. I think you need to call and let them know about it. I still have slight tenderness around the belly button but I think that is due to the hernia repair they did when they placed the lapband. My bruising was gone in two weeks and I was allowed to swim in three weeks except it was too cold. Do you have other incisions or did they do it all through the belly button? I have five incisions but that could be a big difference. Please call and let them know. They might need to see you. Good luck! Joy

Back