• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stuck

TillieS

Today makes 2 complete months out and I feel like I am already stuck at a plateau. My scales has not moved and I feel like I am doing what I am supposed to do. I am still having a little bit of trouble getting in all of my protein but, I am close the mark. I still have trouble with the nausea but I have both reglan and phenergan that I can take when I feel nauseus. I am doing a lot of burping while eating but, from what I have read on several different posts made by different people this is normal. I am getting my exercise in and now that I am moving I forgot how much I love to work out. I am not where I used to be in that area YET lol but, I will be there soon. I have a goal set for June. I am trying to get into a dress for my niece's quince. I am going to make my goal :D Just trying to get my scales moving again. Any suggestions?

TillieS

You may not be getting enough calories, carbs and protein in depending on just how much exercise your getting.

Once I hit my 5 mile a day excursions, my surgeon and NUT increased my protein intake up to 100 to 120 grams a day(2 protein shakes on top of my food) + an additional serving of complex carbs due to my exercise routine. Once we did that my body adjusted and stayed in weight loss mode.

You may have accidentally put your body into starvation mode so no matter what you do at your current intake numbers your body will stay in survival mode.

Call your surgeon and nutritionist and go over it with them to see what they recommend.

Today makes 2 complete months out and I feel like I am already stuck at a plateau. My scales has not moved and I feel like I am doing what I am supposed to do. I am still having a little bit of trouble getting in all of my protein but, I am close the mark. I still have trouble with the nausea but I have both reglan and phenergan that I can take when I feel nauseus. I am doing a lot of burping while eating but, from what I have read on several different posts made by different people this is normal. I am getting my exercise in and now that I am moving I forgot how much I love to work out. I am not where I used to be in that area YET lol but, I will be there soon. I have a goal set for June. I am trying to get into a dress for my niece's quince. I am going to make my goal :D Just trying to get my scales moving again. Any suggestions?

TillieS

Hi Tille,

We all hit plateaus. Just keep doing what you are doing.

I like what Stinkerbelle had to say too. Good advice.

The main thing is stay with the program. I have had plateaus that have lasted one week, then 2 and the last one was three weeks, but then the weight just keeps coming off.

This is a new way of life.

You spent a lot of time putting the weight on as I did as well. So be patient with the relatively short time it takes to get it all off even with the plateaus that we all hit eventually. I posted a weight chart in the gallery. Go take a look. It doesn't go down down down. It goes down then flat then down then up then up then flat then down down down!

You get my drift. In fact, I will put up my latest weight chart for you to see as well.

Ralph

Ok here is another question. Is it normal for my energy levels to drop at this point in my journey? I have noticed that in the last week I have been feeling so drained. My energy sucks right now. I don't like this feeling. Any thoughts on this any advice?

TillieS

Ok here is another question. Is it normal for my energy levels to drop at this point in my journey? I have noticed that in the last week I have been feeling so drained. My energy sucks right now. I don't like this feeling. Any thoughts on this any advice?

TillieS

Yes, go visit the Doctor. Make sure there aren't any other issues popping up that you may not be aware of.

Energy should be increasing as we drop weight.

I wonder if you are having low sugars???

Are you eating enough each day?

Talk to doc and nut.

Ralph

I spoke with the Doc at the bariatric clinic and she said to up my protein. I am still having trouble getting in all of the protein they want me to have. Also my sugars have been running normal I had a few low sugars but not many. I don't think I am eating enough during the day so I am getting assistance from the nut. Thanks Ralph.

TillieS

Hi TillieS, I feel your confusion with the lack of weight loss. I share a similar story. I'm ten weeks out and I can't get the scale to move also. I know I need more protein but like you, I can't do the shakes anymore and I've tried a few. I can't stand meat or chicken anymore. I have been doing the vegetable patties, etc. but there isn't as much protein in them. Things are bound to get better for both of us. Hang in there, Jan :)

Thanks Jan,

I am hanging in there. I just keep pushing on lol. Working out and trying to figure out what works well for me as far different foods go. I know veggies work well. Chicken works, can't do beef. It's gonna be good. Things will get better for both of us. :)

TillieS

I spoke with the Doc at the bariatric clinic and she said to up my protein. I am still having trouble getting in all of the protein they want me to have. Also my sugars have been running normal I had a few low sugars but not many. I don't think I am eating enough during the day so I am getting assistance from the nut. Thanks Ralph.

TillieS

Tillie, add some protein powder to your daily liquids, sprinkle the unflavored on or in your fruit, broth, soup, etc. It makes all the difference in the world for energy and getting out of the plateau.
My nutritionist gave me suggestions. I will have 2 reduced fat cheese sticks, add an ounce of chicken breast, extra milkshake, another greek yogurt and such. I may not get it in in one sitting so I have a snack right before or after exercising.

I agree with the others. Also make sure they're checking your vitamin levels. I was iron deficient and have been taking and iron supplement called Feosol with bifera. I know that low iron levels can make you feel tired too.

Back