• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Successful Gastric By-Pass here

MDJ

New on this Blog. Had the gastric By-pass April of 2010 has been successful since day #1. Have kept up with nutritional and exersices advises. Have lost 104lbs which exedes my goal of 100lbs. healthwise and emotionally Happy. 6days after surgery Blood pressure med was discontinued, 3 months after C-pap machine was discontinued. Had never before felt happier while exercising. I love my Zumba fitness classes. 3 Hrs per week. I sing along thrue the whole thing and feel good.
I know i will not have the need to; but i would do it again if i had to.:rolleyes::cool:

What a wonderful success story. You deserve to be happy. I hope I am as successful in reaching my goal. My RNY surgery will be in January 2012. I think of it all the time and wish I already had it done. My previous insurance would not cover any weight loss surgery so I was not able to have it until my insurance changed. Then I had a minor setback in June 2010 when I needed a very large (and painful) umbilical hernia repaired.

Congratulations MDJ!! I love to read the success stories. I'm thrilled to read you are in the zumba classes. I hear they are tremendous. I look forward to one day being able to join in classes. Take care and keep it up!!!

Back