• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery April 3rd

John's Mom

My surgery is April 3rd. I am going to start my pre-surgery liquid diet next week and I am worried that it will be hard...any advice?

Hi John's Mom. I started my liquid diet on the last 2 days of a trip to DC with my 13 year old son's 7th grade class. By the end of the trip I was tired, sore, hungry and cranky!! Then we got stranded in Minneapolis when our flight to LA was cancelled, which made it 3 days of liquid diet while traveling. GRRRR!! It was well after midnight by the time they got us all set for hotel rooms and transportation for the 22 of us. The teenagers were grumpy and frustrated and miserable. I kept saying "Scotch is a clear liquid! I need some Scotch!!" but everything in the airport was closed. Sigh! Once that ordeal was over the rest of the week was a breeze.

Not really much advice, but I hope you had a giggle at my adventure! Good luck with your prep and surgery!

That is a great story! Puts my 2 weeks into perspective, lol. Traveling on that diet would be SO hard. The scotch part is just hilariiou! Thanks for sharing that, it made me have a good chuckle this morning. Knowing you can survivie that diet in the worst scenarios :)

Back