• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

surgery date set

Rhonda

Got my surgery date set for Dec 14th. Im on day 3 of my 2 week liquid pre op diet, it going ok so far. Very excited and not afraid to say a little nervous as well, im trying to take it one day at a time.would greatly appreciate any words of advice.

My date is Dec 17 - sip sip sip, chew chew chew, protein if you can have it, jello, popsicles, pudding, yogurt. Don't even take one last look backward! Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

Thanks Karen it helps so much to hear the words of encouragement from those who are going through the same things.

Hi Rhonda, Welcome. Congratulations on your surgery date. Keep following all your doctors instructions and make sure to come back here and vent anytime you need to. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

Rhonda time will fly now for you. Make sure you've gotten all your shopping done for the holidays, you may not feel up to it for awhile after surgery. Get your house organized now too so it'll be easy for you to come home and rest.

Thanks Mergatroid im working at getting my shopping done and having things ready thanks so much. And this dose seem to be going fast now ...i didnt think it would ever get here and now just days away.

Hi Rhonda.....This here is 1stepatatime....I can read that you seem to have things under control. I have my surgery January 8th, 2013. I, too, am having mixed emotions, but trying hard to keep my mind busy with the Christmas rush. I wish you good tidings when it comes to your surgery and please keep us posted to your recovery. It is hard to imagine how we are going to feel afterwards, but in the long run....WLS is a great surgical tool for people who have had weight problem journeys that ended up right back where they started from. I know that this is a good decision for me and I am willing to work hard, which we all will, to make this a lifestyle plan. Geez.....I better.....I just turned 60....I am differently at a crossroad!!! LOL Please take care my friend....Sending Cyber Hugs!!!

Back