• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery date set

Thank you. I started my liquid diet yesterday. Going ok so far. Not really hungry, but would like my headache to go away. Did anyone else have a headache when they started the liquid diet?

Thank you. I started my liquid diet yesterday. Going ok so far. Not really hungry, but would like my headache to go away. Did anyone else have a headache when they started the liquid diet?
No headache but had an issue with my blood pressure meds, so once
that got taken care of I was fine

Yeah, I had headaches, I was not doing anything with caffeine while on the diet and it caused some headaches, took a few days but the went away eventually.

I haven't been doing any caffeine since August. So I'm not understanding the headache. It has gone away finally. Thank goodness. I stop vitamins tomorrow and see the anti coagulation people on Monday. I can't believe it is so close now. Seams surreal.

Yes, thank you. I am feeling pretty good. Starting to get back into a somewhat normal routine. I go to see the weight management group and the surgeon on 3/13 for my first follow up appointment. I am looking forward to the next phase of eating. Tired of the liquids, but only a couple more days. I know why that is needed..I don't want my staple line to leak or rupture...so I follow what I am supposed to do. It just doesn't always make it easy.
I will make the next couple of days.
I see you will have surgery in May. Good luck!! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask.

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. The amount of weight you have lost already is unbelievable so you must be following the instruction right. I can't wait to feel better, do things again, and not be ashamed.

What protein items are you finding most favorable?

My start weight is from when I was my highest, last January, when I had a fundlopication done and liver disease was discovered. When I decided to start the process in July, I was at 233. But still a lot of hard work and really doing what they say is key!
I find for the most protein, Premier protein drinks are good. 30 grams of protein per 11 ounces. They have chocolate, bananas & cream, vanilla, strawberry & cream. You can find them at Wal-Mart. Not a bad price either. I also go to bariactricpal.com and order fruity drinks....lemon razzy, fuzzy navel, pomegranate, aloha mango, wild berry. They also have portion plates, snacks, and other things as you progress.
I haven't tried anything other than the drinks so far, but I've been very satisfied with what I have tried.
The doctors, support groups, and family and friends are there to help and encourage you. Listen to the doctors, it is for your health!!! If you need anything, let me know. Any questions or problems, let me know.
Good luck.

Diane,
Thanks for the tips! I went online and ordered some items from Walmart already! I'm so serious out making this work for me and the sooner I get used to it the better off I'll be.

Thanks again. And continued luck with your weight loss.

Diane,
Thanks for the tips! I went online and ordered some items from Walmart already! I'm so serious out making this work for me and the sooner I get used to it the better off I'll be.

Thanks again. And continued luck with your weight loss.
Thank you. You too. Good luck.

Yes, I am going Danville Geisinger. I also have Dr. Parker. He is very good. He did reflux surgery for me last year. And he is doing my bypass surgery too. I am in very good hands.
Funny you should say Danville. That's where my insurance wants me to go even though I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Can I assume you went through Geisinger's 6-month pre-weight loss surgery program? I just passed my 6th month. Since I gained back 4 lbs over the past 2 months :( I haven't been given the "green light" to see a surgeon yet. I also have my Psychology appointment on 3/26/18. Well it's nice to meet 2 "neighbors" on line! :D

I only live about 8 miles from Danville. I did go through the 6 month weight loss program with them. Don't worry, you will get there. Any delays in seeing a surgeon is for your benefit. They just want to make sure you are ready for everything to come.
Good luck with your Psychology appointment. You can do anything you put your mind to.

Funny you should say Danville. That's where my insurance wants me to go even though I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Can I assume you went through Geisinger's 6-month pre-weight loss surgery program? I just passed my 6th month. Since I gained back 4 lbs over the past 2 months :( I haven't been given the "green light" to see a surgeon yet. I also have my Psychology appointment on 3/26/18. Well it's nice to meet 2 "neighbors" on line! :D
Is this your first psychology appointment. I remember going to mine and I forget I was being tested and just talked freely, I bet they weren't used to that lol, they said it was refreshing to actually talk to someone so open lol I bet they thought I was nuts, near the end is when I realized it, but they gave me the green light. They have to give you the green light before you get to meet the surgeon .good luck

I only live about 8 miles from Danville. I did go through the 6 month weight loss program with them. Don't worry, you will get there. Any delays in seeing a surgeon is for your benefit. They just want to make sure you are ready for everything to come.
Good luck with your Psychology appointment. You can do anything you put your mind to.
I live about 8 miles from Danville to but coming from a different direction

Thanks, as always, for the great support from all of you. At this point, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get that "green light" to see the surgeon. And then, of course, there's the battle with the insurance company, if I get that far.
Yes, this will be my first psychology appointment. I do see a Psychiatrist for depression, so I hope that doesn't count "against" me. Through my therapy, I've been doing well with the depression. But, I have seen in this forum that a number of people get depressed after weight loss surgery. That gets me a bit concerned.
Tracy, I bet it was a breath of fresh air for the Psychologist to have someone just conversing normally with them! I think I'm going to get nervous because a lot rides on 1 psychology interview--all my previous months of work and potential weight loss surgery. I have to remember though, it's not the end of the world if I'm not approved for weight loss surgery. I can still keep losing weight the way I'm doing it now. I just wouldn't have the boost of the surgery. . .o_O

Back