• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery date set

Thanks, as always, for the great support from all of you. At this point, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get that "green light" to see the surgeon. And then, of course, there's the battle with the insurance company, if I get that far.
Yes, this will be my first psychology appointment. I do see a Psychiatrist for depression, so I hope that doesn't count "against" me. Through my therapy, I've been doing well with the depression. But, I have seen in this forum that a number of people get depressed after weight loss surgery. That gets me a bit concerned.
Tracy, I bet it was a breath of fresh air for the Psychologist to have someone just conversing normally with them! I think I'm going to get nervous because a lot rides on 1 psychology interview--all my previous months of work and potential weight loss surgery. I have to remember though, it's not the end of the world if I'm not approved for weight loss surgery. I can still keep losing weight the way I'm doing it now. I just wouldn't have the boost of the surgery. . .o_O
You will get the green light think positive, I am far from normal lol, and they said yes to me, I think most of us have baggage in our brains. Just be yourself and let them know how much you want this and that you are ready for it. Remember you are doing this for yourself, not for anyone else. Make sure to get all your classes in and support meeting. Study you book, know what you can and can't eat, you will be tested on that. You got this you can do it!!!!¡!!!

Back