• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Date

Ladyanne

I am a Kaiser Permanente patient and after completing the 12 weeks of classes, and seeing the doctor in charge of the program, being assigned to the surgeon, completing his seminars, I have a date of March 19, 2012. Now I just need to complete the lab work and testing for the surgery. I have been going to do this for about 12 years. I am finally going to do it. I have had friends who have had the surgery and done well. I also know some one who went in to have a revision done on hers and died on the table.(2000) this scared me off. I stared the classes May 21, 2010 and 5 days later my only daughter died from an undiagnosed heart condition. She was 30 years old. I have the full support of my husband and my son.

Welcome Ladyanne, you are on your way to a wonderfull journey, it is so great you have such support from your family, all my kids came to the hospital with me the day of the surgery, that was very comforting to me. You have been doing real good on weight loss, that will make the surgery so much easier for the surgons and it will make your recovery and healing so much faster. This is a great place for support in between regular support group meeting, ther are so many people here that can answer questions for you. Let us know how you are doing. :cool: Tom

Ladyanne-Welcome to the forum. So very sorry for the loss of your daughter; it must be very difficult for you. I can tell you are a strong woman because despite everything you made a decision to move forward and do something good for yourself. There have been so many advances in the field of weight loss surgery over the years. This makes it a safer surgery with better long term results. My surgery is scheduled for 2/27. I just finished my last round of tests on Thursday. All I need to do now is show up for the surgery *LOL*. I had a major case of cold feet a couple of weeks ago but feel much calmer about things now. I'm not saying that I'm not nervous but I just don't think about it constantly anymore. I'm sure you will do fine. Make sure to come back to the forum to let us know how you are doing. You will see there are a lot of caring people here who will be with you all the way.

Thanks Twomas, 5 weeks will go by very quickly and I will be so glad to finally be able to walk into a store and buy stuff off the rack. I have been fighting my weight my whole life and started dieting at the age of 12. I have made many changes in my eating habits already and know that there will be more changes coming, but I think I can handle those as well. I will be letting every one know my new weights as the pounds drop off. Thanks for the support.

Pat99, Thank you. Yes it has been hard the last couple of years, just 13 months before our daughter passed I lost my mom to non-Hodgkins lymphoma. But I have my husband and special needs son to take care of. They also will be taking care of me after I have my surgery, until I can get up and around again and the doctor lets me start driving again, hopefully within a week of surgery as I am busy with lots of activities at our church. I will be keeping every one posted as to my weight loss. Again Thanks.

LadyAnne... I'm also so sorry to hear of your losses.
I am having surgery in on Feb 20 so I'll be sure and try to keep posting on my progress... we're gonna be good!

dajameimes1956, I just saw we were both born the same year.I will keep you in my prayers for your surgery, Good Luck. I'll be good now that we have placed her in her final resting place. took us 19 months to pay for her spot. so she sat on top of the TV stand for a while. We miss her very much, but know that one day we will all be together again. I have a wonderful husband and my precious son, who is special needs, and told my husband he can not die until after I do and I don't plan on dying till after our son. (ha ha). :p Looking forward to hearing about your surgery and how you are doing.

Back