• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery in the morning June 11th YEAH

toinette1953
I will say a prayer for you, when you are feeling better please come back and share your story how things went for you. how many months did it take you to get your surgery date? I started my journey in jan, still haven't got my surgery date but praying it happens by July.
did you have to do a liquid diet for pre-op?
praying for a quick recovery for you.
Donna

It did not take me but about a MONTH for my whole process. I saw my surgeon the first part of May he gave me a list of his requirements: LAB, EGD, CARDIAC CLEARANCE, I was already wearing a CPAP nightly so I was able to not have to have another sleep study. I had the labs, EGD like on 5/14/12 and of course submitted all that I had and then the info was sent to my insurance and they held it and held it and held it saying we need this or we need that. I called them and worried them like every few days and on Friday June 1st I got my authorization in place and then I called the surgeon and told them I wanted a DATE! They at first said did not know when they could get to me, then BAM, I got a call that someone had CANCELLED and asked if I could do it on June 11th and of course I ran at the chance.

Congratulations and good luck. When you're feeling up to it, please let us know how it went. I hope you can get some sleep tonight, I'm sure I won't sleep a wink the night before. :)

Back