• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery is 02/15/2012

I am very annoyed with people asking me if I am excited and ready. No I am not ready. I am having surgery tomorrow and I have worked the last 3 days. Had a difficult week prior. Tonight will be packing and buying a few foods for when I get home.

Sorry, new to this forum and just flustered. I just wanted to have my surgery and start healing. Its not all about getting skinny as the people I am confronted with on a daily basis think.

Hi Fallenmomma, Welcome to the site, I hope everything went well, you are on your way to a healthier you. I kept my discision between me and a few real close friends and family so I didn't get a lot of people asking questions, but I was more scared and anxiouse than excited, lets get real it is surgery right. You hit the nail on the head when you said it's not all about getting skinny like everyone else, it's about getting healthy so we can be there for our famillies and feel better physically and emotionally.

One of the biggest drivers for me was I could not stop gaining weight it just kept comming on slowly, I was also on medication for high blood pressure and cholesterol and found it hard to get around in the woods where I work, and the list goes on. Try not to let people get to you, some people just need to be educated and just don't know any better. This is a great place to come for support there are a lot of great people here, let us know how your a doing. :cool: Tom

Back